I smoke and climb 25-30↑ 9
14% 
I’m Chris Sharma 1
2% 
Why’s that pink elephant taking out my pro? 3
5% 

Topic Date User
Whacky tobaccy poll 25-Aug-2005 At 1:52:09 AM jmgh
>Enjoyed the link jtp. Love the history.

Yea, me too.

>I am not about to deny reality. I am simply advocating discretion in presentation.
>There are other forums (dope?) perhaps where this would be better debated.

I know what your saying and it would be best not to relate too gleefully the drug related tales but where are we to draw that particular line? Doesn't soloing make us look a bit dodgy, jeez, doesn't climbing make us look a bit dodgy?!
There are other forums for the debate it's true but i think the level of ignorance shown by some posters suggests it may be useful here, (though not all of the users responses are helpful). For example, i've got climbau down as a smart sensible bloke but if he'd said 'beer' rather than 'dope' he would have been laughed out of town. And Sabu, obviously a clever lad but, aversion therapy! it's like the joke about the dad who catches his son with cocaine and disciplines him by rubbing his nose in it.
I think people should know that the only withdrawal symptoms from dope are a couple of bad nights sleep as opposed to the hell that is quitting tobacco or alcohol addictions. They should also know you can't OD on it, that it's non-hallucinogenic, that despite numerous studies the long term effects are still a cause for major debate. I'm not advocating, just trying to make the point that it's not the worst drug out there, yet it is lumped in with illicit drug statistics which is perhaps why i can find no record of a death caused by marijuana.

"Tobacco use is the major cause of drug or alcohol-related deaths in Australia. In 1998, around 19,000 deaths were attributable to the use of tobacco, accounting for 80% of all drug- or alcohol-related deaths." and "illicit drug use is estimated to have accounted for almost 2% of the total burden of disease in Australia in 1996." Taken from..

http://www.aihw.gov.au/drugs/population/index.cfm

that 2per cent is pretty small huh, makes the publicity and propaganda look a bit over the top. But most peoples knowledge comes from the media. And to be honest i think a sensible discussion helps our credibilty. Here's some interesting pages.
http://www.cannabis.com/untoldstory/hemp_9.shtml
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/marijuan.htm

Is my presentation discreet enough? :)

There are 41 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints