Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Stupidest thing youve seen? 27-Jul-2005 At 6:41:56 PM dj biggs
After only having climbed a week myself in thailand was up in loas and climbing with some germans who were putting up some new routes and checking out the ones they had put up two years ago. At the crag there was also a tour group led by a swedish guide (picture classic backpacker) who had only climbed indoors. Just before we headed of to lunch she asked if she could use one of our ropes (at that time one of which was on a 23 hung from one ancient biner soon to be replaced) Comming back from lunch we found her belaying people from that biner on climbs ten metres away so any falls would have resulted in a sweet swinging sensation accompanied by a bone jaring crunch.
Also when going with a hire group and there being limited ropes, asking the guide why we couldn't climb with that rope which others had previously been using ?. "I won't climb on that, Its unlucky colour" was the answer the true meaning, which I think was lost in translation was " see this bit here which is about to break? Its ok for them not me"
I let the others people in the group know not to climb with it. But hey lifes cheap in the third world. Since then i have take nothing for granted check everything no matter what the book/mate/guide says.

There are 211 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints