Rock Master Publications:
Sublime Climbs - A Guide to the best rock climbing venues in Victoria, Australia.By Kevin Lindorff, Josef Goding & Jarrod Hodgson. Over 700 climbs, 158 phototopos, 36 maps, and 380 pages covering the best of Mt Arapiles, Mt Buffalo and the Grampians $45.00
Chockstone Forum - General Discussion
General Climbing Discussion
|What to do when nature calls....
||Tuesday, 14 June 2005 At 5:27:54 PM
>Firstly, I'm surprised M8 hasn't posted yet. He must be away on another extended field trip or somesuch.
Yep your right, but I'm back (temporarily) and it seems the questions have been answered very well by others before me.
A couple of extra points worth considering;-
* see thread http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=1&MessageID=10533 then view its associated messages.
* Timing ! The discreet can time the affair for when the other team member is at the next belay. Simply trusting them to turn their back is another option, after all you have committed to a wall with them so to some extent you cannot escape the shared experience, which works both ways.
* Holding on ! nmonteith simply 'holds on' for up to four day wall climbs prompting BA to say On 27/05/2004
>Monty, does that mean you're full of shit when you climb big walls?
* Being careful of what is eaten. (Read maxots trip report if in doubt).
* The use of a little (about 2cm depth) dehydrated lime (available in builders supply type hardware stores) in a poo tube works well. Even in a sealed container it draws the moisture and 'shrinks' the contents as well as killing the fumes. It does not need to be in the individual paper bags.
* Ahh, paper bags ... bigger sturdy ones are easier to use. Its the only thing that McDonalds have in their stores that I like to use!
*Moisturised baby wipes are a hygenic hand cleaning item to have after the event also.
* Hex reckons
>Howbout cutting a 10 inch-diameter-REINFORCED-circular-hole in the floor of the 'ledge ....... good way to check da view too ...
'butt' (pun intended) I am sure he would not advocate simply dropping your bowel contents into oblivion below ...
I used to use a full on pvc poo-tube, but decided its too heavy / overkill. Taking gaffer tape and cutting a slot in an empty water bottle then posting the paper bag and taping the slot is a better way, which I learnt from an earlier thread on this site.
>what happens if I'm scared out of my wits about the next pitch and I get an attack of the runs... what to do?
Take spare undies and extra water for cleaning up.
>By the way, how do girls tackle this issue, as I'm a female and I figure girls and guys might approach this 'taboo' (?!?) topic differently.
Single portaledges with rainfly deployed can provide sanctuary.
I don't know because I have not asked, but I would expect that mountaineering women use wide mouthed bottles to help the process.
As an afterthought I have found dehydration to be a sufficient issue to help minimise the hassles a great deal!
>a substance that turns the pee to jelly, reducing the risk of leakage.
Sorry but I do not know the product, ... though it rings vague memory bells. I usually have sufficient water bottles that they get recycled in that manner and if clipped in a smaller haulbag under the main haulbag are robust enough to withstand the punishment.
Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia
Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.
Australian Panoramic |
Australian Coast |
Australian Mountains |
Australian Countryside |
Australian Waterfalls |
Australian Lakes |
Australian Cities |
Australian Macro |
Landscape Photo |
Landscape Photography |
Landscape Photography Australia |
Fine Art Photography |
Wilderness Photography |
Nature Photo |
Australian Landscape Photo |
Stock Photography Australia |
Landscape Photos |
Panoramic Photos |
Panoramic Photography Australia |
Australian Landscape Photography |
Mothers Day Gifts |
Gifts for Mothers Day |
Mothers Day Gift Ideas |
Ideas for Mothers Day |
Wedding Gift Ideas |
Christmas Gift Ideas |
Fathers Day Gifts |
Gifts for Fathers Day |
Fathers Day Gift Ideas |
Ideas for Fathers Day |
Landscape Prints |
Landscape Poster |
Limited Edition Prints |
Panoramic Photo |
Buy Posters |