Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Climbers are lazy 1-Jul-2003 At 4:47:29 PM Donut King

i am a full-on bottom feeder, wandering up established lines, minimum surprises, minimun hassles.
why the heck should i go to all the effort to find new routes when there are already so many chanlleges out there.
also given the time factor, it just isnt practical.I'd rather it went through QC and the choss gets sorted out to leave me the diamonds (so to speak).
I fully appreciate the efforts of those willing to sacrifice their time to develop new routes, but for me theres enough adventures in the exsisting routes to last a life time.

Asfor being called a bottom-feeder, well if thats the worst thing that happens to me then I'm doing all right!

as for the state of new routing here in SA...dont get me started....there is so much climbing to be done its not funny. if Neil ever got up to Moonarie he'd be walking around like a half opened pocket knife (errection, for those that need the explination) in awe of the potential.

even around town theres still much to be done, with large roofs about 45 min drive from the city that are awaiting some anorexic climber with the lust.

i like your contribution to climbing with the right attitude and encouragement for others to make it enjoyable for all. i also have done my share of taking climbers to the choss(imho) of "local' melbourne climbing (youies, werribe) and also hauled people up multi-pitch climbs in the grapms ...all in the name of fun.

i reckon to be a new router you would have to love it to put up with all the crap of establishing routes, but we need them as well, good on'em !

ciao ciao

There are 54 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints