Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Bourge's world 3-Mar-2005 At 10:20:26 PM Bourge
From the snow world, for those interested

http://www.olympics.com.au/default.asp?pg=owia&spg=snowboard_display&articleid=4772

Torah Bright has continued the great form she demonstrated on the Torino 2006 Olympic site two weeks ago, winning the Nippon Open in Fukushima, Japan, at the weekend.

Bright displayed all her skills and style in the super pipe event to beat a world class field, including reigning Olympic champion Kelly Clark of the United States and Clark’s compatriot Hannah Teter, another major player on the world circuit.

The 18-year-old Australian showed her class by out-pointing 50 competitors to take the victory and $US20,000 in prize money, plus an all expenses paid trip to the US Open next month at Stratton Mountain, Vermont.

“It was great to get the win,” said Bright. “I came to Japan very determined to bring home the gold, so obviously I am really happy with the result. I just love competing in Japan and the Nippon Open is one of the most respected events on the snowboarding calendar.”

On the FIS World Cup circuit, Bright has secured a podium finish in six of her last seven world class competitions.

“I feel like I’m really starting to generate some momentum in terms of my results,” said the Cooma local. “I feel very confident that I am progressing well in the early phase of my Olympic preparations. I have a very heavy competition schedule this year, so there is ample opportunity to really hone my skills and perfect my tricks in the lead up to the Winter Games in Italy.”

Bright will return to her base in Salt Lake City today for a well-earned rest before beginning preparations for the World Super Pipe Championships (March 11-13) and US Open (March 14-20).

Torah Bright on the podium in Bardonecchia, Italy (Image: SPORTCOM/OWI)

There are 114 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints