Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
whos the top ozy climber 12-Oct-2004 At 2:39:34 PM SteveH

Not on the list and mentioned repeatedly, yes Garth Miller. The best, and also a pioneer in hard Australian sport climbing and onsighting. Yes ‘lots’ of strong people send his routes now and claim to be as good, but he put them up years ago when they were visionary and Zac and Rob were the only other people close to trying anything that hard and establishing new hard sport routes. He didn’t know 5 different peoples beta on how to do the moves, or if they were possible. Credit when credit is due. Off the couch and he is still up there. Congratulations on the rumoured new venture.

In the women, as has been stated, Sam Berry for competition climbing, Monique for routes (congrats for Sunday) and for bouldering, I’d nominate Ange, and I’ll wait for the flame and put a vote in for Ali, and Corrine.

Tim, is Ross still taking photos? He’s good at that.

Anthony, you’re right, who cares? But it can make for interesting conversation, debate and thoughts.

Nick your right, you can crank hard on low numbers! Josh pushes himself, and is motivated even after putting up with screaming kids and stupid parents, that’s cranking.

Gavin, I assume that was an attempt at humour or a lame troll? Good to see you talk yourself up on 8a. I got great photo’s of Chris on a ‘weak’ day, campusing a 10 move V5, as his warm-up, put his shoes on, flashed a V8, checked out some holds on a V11, had a flash attempt, did all the moves. 2nd attempt in two sections, 3rd shot = send, no work. I’ll try and find the photo. You got it right naming Monique though.

Best trad... would HB and Pat have to arm wrestle for it? Actually, I’m not very knowledgeable on trad.

Dave, she got pretty close (last/2nd last hold at the end of the tsunami crux) a couple of days before too. Pretty cool huh.

Will, I don’t think Steve or HB have any competition in their own style of ascents.

Rod, it’s not about magic in this thread, it’s about numbers! I pledged to do an aid route this year, and am running out of time! I take it you wouldn’t recommend Ozzie first up?

But that’s just my 2 cents worth in an essay written, whilst sitting in the gym, ‘doing paper-work’ and glad that school holidays are over.

There are 82 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints