HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Fixed gear guidelines in the Grampians 14-May-2018 At 10:50:06 AM Access T CliffCare

Thanks Kieran for starting this separate thread. I’m dropping you a line shortly.

Whilst I know these kind of discussions seem to come and go, from my land manager interactions over more recent years, the time is fast approaching that a more proactive approach rather than reactive,from the climbing community, to where and how we climb is required. And again within those discussions, the conversation that is happening now is one that was noted as being a necessary one. I have had some ideas on the drawing board since the bolting issues in the Black Range. These ideas have a multi pronged approach. This discussion of guidelines when it comes to fixed protection and development is one part of it. One of my issues (which I have noted in Access reports) is what kind of platform to put this and others on so as to reach as many in the climbing community as possible and for them to be able to provide feedback that is then reasonably easy to disseminate. Chockstone was obviously one avenue, theCrag, CliffCare website, Argus and media such as Vertical Life. And all of this will happen, but I feel like having a central landing platform could be a good idea. And what could work best. Is Chockstone the best platform for the bigger discussion? I know it often requires trawling through pages to know what has previously been said. And it will drop off the page of recent posts and out of people’s minds if someone doesn’t comment regularly. Maybe this would be the case on any platform? I’m going to be throwing in feedback, suggestions, and concerns from the other camps, namely Parks Victoria and Traditional Owners so that the climbing community is informed and understands the full extent of the issues and possible outcomes. I currently spend time going back and forth between a variety of Facebook pages, websites and forums to collect feedback.

Just finishing up – These conversations go a long way though, as a collective, when I do have discussions with PV and TO. And they are on the table. I would like to go with information to present rather than go and hear what decisions have been made to manage the situation. Of course, when all is said and done, you can’t make people listen or force them to do something they feel they shouldn’t have to do. I suppose those that continue to carry on as they always have really do need to understand that there are consequences. This isn’t a matter of having PV paranoia, but it is about being realistic. It won’t just keep continuing on with nothing ever being done about it. And it’s also not just about PV. There are other stakeholders involved.

There are 224 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints