Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
The Eyrie, Mt Boyce retrobolted! Badly... 8-Jan-2017 At 3:27:05 PM rodw
I think Chockstone is a very small vocal minority, and users of other online entities is thecrag, Facebook much the same.

A large majority form various walks of life and ages don't bother with this crap and just climb. So kinda agree with Voodoo in the statement...

>Just remember that the opinions you hear here are not necessarily representative of the greater climbing community - you'll get loads of wailing and gnashing of teeth from either extreme, whereas the silent majority either don't care, aren't here or have better things to do (like climbing).

Sorry if that affects your idea of self importance etc but seriously most people don't give a f&%k and climbing is no different. As in most cases, try and be informed as to your ongoing actions and be prepared to suffer flack no matter what ya do...but no matter what you do some peeps will disagree and maybe take action...but thats climbing as really there is no central thought and rules so conflict is the norm and actions from that is inevitable.

For the record I thought bolting of Eyrie was wrong and wouldn't do it myself..but really don't care that much to so anything about. The fact we have people that do is great, but also the fact we have peeps who want to question the status quo and re bolt old stuff is good too..in the end we end up with a happy status quo that everyone can live with.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is just because heaps of people agree with you in one forum don't kid yourself that its make you the all seeing and all knowing. People climb for different reasons etc which what make the sport great..yep shit happens you wont agree with but I can guarantee what you do' others won't agree with your thoughts on the matter too..that's climbing. The vilification etc of perceived atrocities not just here and on Facebook, thecrag, I personally think is the issue rather that the act and then discussion of said activities. This issue was resolved , the ongoing attacks and negative commentary had no affect on the issue rather than keeping the silent majority quiet now and into the future. Issue resolved in the positive...move on I say.

There are 95 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints