Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Pioneers of Tassie's Best Climbs 23-Sep-2016 At 1:04:31 PM Tastrad
Yes Bill, its a terrific article and I got inspired by it. I was a little puzzled as to what he meant about repeating a climb is to lie in another man's grave.

I messaged Lyle a couple of days ago and this was his reply: `Every little or big act we carry out in life is like digging our grave. It's taking us closer to death. I have taken some liberties with language and imagery in how I have written it. A second ascent is like re-living someone else's life, perhaps...but I'm not sure I thought it through when I wrote it though.'

Now that McMahon has gone and I get on some of his climbs, I understand what Lyle meant..I've laid in McMahons grave many times, captured part of the dream or the reason why he was inspired to climb that bit of rock for the first time.

That's part of the reason why I like putting up new climbs all the time, its the creativity, the discovery, its dreaming the vision and seeing it actualized on the rock.

There are 66 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints