Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Sonnie Trotter Goes Down on Tasmania 20-Feb-2016 At 12:42:02 AM johny
Well those trad routes may have seen an ascent placing gear. I heard that sonny had done both natural and god placing gear. I climbed mother of god with preplaced and was happy enough with it. mr natural in my opinion is a farce.. I said it straight up to zach that I would be surprised if they lead great shark hunt placing gear and against their stubborn principles they still left the gear in. I reckon Malcolm's ascent is still the best and I have mad respect.

so its kind of funny that in practice there are still these insane climbs like shark hunt that have not had a lead in the style like I am proposing.

But I have to challenge the whole idea it is "anal to the point of insanity" to work a trad route with the notion of placing the gear as a negative thing. Is it anal OCD to climb Punks 40 times to get Punks Addiction? If so I welcome anal obsession. It is a ying that inspires other people to yang on to.

I would say historically Australians have mega bad ass role models for trad climbing. For tights at the very least.Dave you are of course still smashing it as are the usual motley stalwarts in nati and blackheath.

Hey I ask for no justifications just a thoughtfulness for the present. And a nice G & T on occasion.

There are 128 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints