Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Sonnie Trotter Goes Down on Tasmania 19-Feb-2016 At 6:06:12 PM johny
>It's isn't the only time we climbed together either. I dragged you out
>to Taipan when you were being all mopey and depressed cause Punks was slapping
>you around. You ticked Sidewinder, it was really good day.

Oh yeah! I forgot Taipan. Yeah that was a fun day out! I took that whip on sidewinder. I think I ended up bellow you on belay? Punishing that was... Sorry about the slaggin! All taken in good humor I hope. But I am a bit miffed that Anna laughed harder at your Punks in the Gym dig than she did at my 15 year old girl comments. Although, she is German and her sense of humor is genetically inferior.

Back to the point.
""So, a first ascent is bound by incredibly strict rules, then everyone else can roll up afterwards and claim the tick in whatever abominable style they see fit?""

It is not incredibly strict. I think that the guidelines I put forward are totally within reason. I think first ascents are necessarily a step above. Climbing is a constant progression. People developing are in that progression and need to recognize it. First it was summit by any means, then alpine style then aid bolted rock routes, then aid piton rock routes, then hammer-less, then free(earlier in some areas), etc. Do I really need to go through this (surely not with you I hope)?

Back in the day Dewhirst aided routes that 6 months later Barber freed. Instantly Aid Climbing was thrown out the window in Australia. The whole thing evolved until this exact moment. I love climbing for that! There are no rules for sure. These is just my thoughts and suggestions.

There are 128 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints