After "climbing" Red Tide, I did a bit of digging on the longest routes in Australian states as preparation for the onslaught of media enquiries. Naturally I found that a few of these are traverses:
Girdle Traverse 17 320m, North Buttress, Bororoomba Rocks, ACT
A Good Line 18 110m, Cephalopod Wall, Fleurieu Peninsula, SA (*** according to The Crag!)
Show Us Your Girdle, Bonney 18, 180m, Bonney Point, Flinders Ranges.
There a number of long ridge climbs that often get called traverses, but I don't think that is what you are looking for.
The climbs at Araps are so well documented that you could easily go through the guide an pick out the traverses. There are many that have traverse sections as the crux or highlight of the climb without the whole climb being a traverse. A few that spring to mind are Golden Echo 18, Northern Group, the traverse pitch of Skink, Right Watchtower and Trapeze, Castle Crag.
|