Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
off-topic: climbers who ride 18-Aug-2015 At 7:59:56 AM Dr Nick
Flowmountainbike.com is Aussie and has a few reviews.

As well as what's been suggested earlier, it's also worth checking the for sale section of rotorburn.com, though from memory you have to jump through a couple of hoops to get access. That might only be to post, and a lot of what's there is also on the Facebook MTB trading post.

If it's not overly technical then a good 29er is probably the go. I'm a fan of 26" wheels, but I also like tight and technical riding. There are bargains to be had in 26" gear as everyone moves to 27.5, but it's really not that much of an issue. Frame design is far more important than wheel size.

I'd be thinking about something with about 100-120mm of travel, minimum Deore kit but probably XT or Sram X9 or better, RS or Fox forks. You're probably looking at 10sp at the back, but don't overlook an older 9sp in good nick - the upgrade is reasonably cheap, and you could even got to 11sp if you felt like it. There are other possibilities, but that's going to be the basic spec. I'm guessing with what you've suggested you're looking at a budget of $1.5-2k.

There are 170 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints