Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
WTF at Point Perpendicular! 10-Oct-2014 At 9:22:02 AM jprockbelly
>That's my point, shit for brains!
ha ha, perhaps we need to spend a few minutes in time out until we are ready to play nice m'kay?

> I'm not advocating for more climbers
>and more bolts, quite the opposite.
>I find it annoying that abseiling "professionals" refused to use the plentiful
>bombproof natural anchors, however it is an acceptable fact of life that
>the navy will only abseil off bolts. What really shits me is that I could
>have designed an anchor layout for them which is more practical, just as
>safe, and uses far less bolts.......and yes, I do place abseil bolts on
>buildings as part of my job, so I'm kind of not totally talking out my
>arse.

You have completely missed the point. 10 extra bolts (or 100 for that matter) have an environmental footprint measured in square cm. They can be an eyesore (nowhere near as bad a chalk) but their actual impact on the environment is minimal.

Climbers are obsessed with bolts, which is a good thing in my opinion. But only really relevant to climbers. For park managers, and the environment, bolts are a minor issue. The much bigger concern is all the off track walking (which causes erosion and spread of exotic species), litter, food scraps, feces etc.

I don't doubt that you know a lot about anchors and bolts, and could have done a great job. But this is no way qualifies you an an "authority" on what is best for the park.

.......and yes, I have worked in the state and federal government in natural resources for 6 years, so I'm kind of not totally talking out my arse.

There are 66 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints