Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Moron cuts my fixed rope @ Bungonia

nmonteith
5-Oct-2014
8:51:09 AM
Someone cut off the end of a fixed rope I left last Saturday above the route Pulsar. There was 20m of loose rope coiled and stashed behind a boulder at ground level. I presume they pulled on the rope to get rid of rope stretch then cut it, as the cut end was about 6m off the deck. They also stole the 20m end they cut off. This meant I then had to solo up a slick slab to get back onto my rope! If anyone knows why someone did this, and who it was please let me know. I would have thought leaving a rope for 5 days at the bottom of a 300m gorge would be pretty safe! It gave me the heeby jeebies jumaring up the rope as I couldn't help think that someone could have fiddled with my anchor as well.
Jayford4321
5-Oct-2014
10:52:53 AM
Prolly not nowra bushwalking bogans, as it's too far from the carpark.

Your timing is off Neil, as it is school hols and labour day long weekend, so every boy scout and their master is trooping through the gorge looking for booty to tie each other up in caves with.

nmonteith
5-Oct-2014
11:22:23 AM
On 5/10/2014 gnaguts wrote:
>Your timing is off Neil, as it is school hols and labour day long weekend,
>so every boy scout and their master is trooping through the gorge looking
>for booty to tie each other up in caves with.

I'm well aware of that thus the reason I was at the base of the route by 8am on the Saturday. Surprisingly I only saw a handful of people walk past during the day. 10 at most. I just don't get the thought process of why you would do it. If they did it because they thought it was an eyesore then they almost made it a worse one as there was a good chance the rope was going to stay there for a lot longer if I hadn't been able to solo up to it. All ropes have been removed now BTW.

nmonteith
5-Oct-2014
11:27:15 AM
I would just like to give a word of advice to anyone messing with climbers ropes, draws, bolts - whatever. If you fiddle with the gear you can easily put others in danger. I had to do all sort of shitty things yesterday to retrieve my ropes as I no longer had two 60m ropes to rap off and pull behind me. At least it saved me a little less back braking work in lugging it out at the end of the day!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Oct-2014
11:50:31 AM
On 5/10/2014 nmonteith wrote:
>I would just like to give a word of advice to anyone messing with climbers
>ropes, draws, bolts - whatever. If you fiddle with the gear you can easily
... find yourself being watched!

Yair, and I'm not happy about it...

Fixedthatforyou?
One Day Hero
8-Oct-2014
10:46:35 PM
When did you go back down? Was expecting to see you on the weekend. How many days between when you left the ropes and when you found them? There is the logbook. Find all the people who signed in to the red track during the period your ropes were cut, call them pretending to be from parks "looking for info on climbers leaving visual pollution in the gorge". When you get a hit, you will also have their address from the sign in book..........then go over to their house and boil their pet :)

nmonteith
9-Oct-2014
7:43:22 AM
On 8/10/2014 One Day Hero wrote:
>When did you go back down?

Saturday.

>How
>many days between when you left the ropes and when you found them?

> There
>is the logbook. Find all the people who signed in to the red track during
>the period your ropes were cut, call them pretending to be from parks "looking
>for info on climbers leaving visual pollution in the gorge". When you get
>a hit, you will also have their address from the sign in book..........then
>go over to their house and boil their pet :)

Haha, I didn't think of that. It's only a rope though.
hotgemini
9-Oct-2014
1:34:06 PM
On 9/10/2014 nmonteith wrote:
>On 8/10/2014 One Day Hero wrote:

>> When you get
>>a hit, you will also have their address from the sign in book..........then
>>go over to their house and boil their pet :)
>
>Haha, I didn't think of that. It's only a rope though.

Good point, maybe only parboil their pet, to avoid any suggestion of over-reaction.

Pat
9-Oct-2014
8:38:48 PM
Every thing tastes better deep fried. Boiling is so nineteen-eigthies.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints