Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
OT: Jim and Lorraine always?

Ben_E
7-Jul-2014
8:13:27 PM
Whenever I've climbed at Dec Crag I've wondered when this was put up and what became of these two star-crossed graffiti artists, er, lovers.

Did they marry, save for a farm, have three kids (Sue, James and Sharon) and are now contentedly approaching retirement? Do they still steal an afternoon away for a picnic at Dec Crag every now and again? Is James now a second violinist for the MSO, Sharon a kinder teacher and Sue taking over the running of the farm?

Or shortly after this pledge of eternity was painted did Jim's older brother return from the Vietnam war and sweep Lorraine off her feet, leaving with her to live in Broome? Was Jim left bitter and angry, spending most of his life in trouble, most recently up in front of the courts for being part of a syndicate cooking up meth in Horsham?

Anyone know, or is it destined forevermore to remain a mystery to taunt the miserable belay slaves of Steps Ahead?
bones
7-Jul-2014
11:24:04 PM
They were both murdered in their sleep by their climbing partners for going away climbing while their partners were stuck in Melbourne renovating and then rubbing it in

Ben_E
8-Jul-2014
8:08:09 AM
On 7/07/2014 bones wrote:
>They were both murdered in their sleep by their climbing partners for going
>away climbing while their partners were stuck in Melbourne renovating and
>then rubbing it in

Hm. Somehow I feel that may have been a veiled swipe at me rather than being about dear Jim and Lorraine.

"Rubbing it in"? Tcht. All that plastering has made you thin-skinned. If you didn't check your phone messages, look at chockstone and if you make sure you don't look out your window between 9:30 and 11:30 this morning to see the skywriter I've employed to update you on the weekend's ticks, then you'd hardly even know I'd gone.
Dave_S
8-Jul-2014
8:41:17 AM
No idea who Jim is, but this doesn't sound good for Marty McFly.

Eduardo Slabofvic
8-Jul-2014
10:11:26 AM
Jim was expressing his opinion on the Bacon and egg pie he had for lunch
Dave_S
8-Jul-2014
10:26:48 AM
On 8/07/2014 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>Jim was expressing his opinion on the Bacon and egg pie he had for lunch

Nah, that Lorraine was dumped 18 hours later.

Eduardo Slabofvic
8-Jul-2014
11:54:10 AM
Legendry Arapiles hardman, Mr Drunk, awoke at the base of Dec Crag in somewhat of a daze (not unusual, you might say), with evidence of blood and vomit on himself (again, not unusual you might say). With the source of the blood and vomit ill-defined, and a vague memory of enjoying the comradeship of a small dog wearing sunglasses and a bonnet, he attempted, like all great artists of the area, to paint out his emotional turmoil in a RAV funded orgy of expression and managed to fuse the boundaries of subjective and objective realities creating sense from confusion.

Ben_E
8-Jul-2014
1:53:14 PM
Well, that certainly adds a new and previously unconsidered (at least by me) perspective to it...
kieranl
8-Jul-2014
1:57:22 PM
On 8/07/2014 Ben_E wrote:
>Well, that certainly adds a new and previously unconsidered (at least by
>me) perspective to it...
if only to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints