Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
What is it about Bouldering that turns you on? 29-Jul-2004 At 1:26:38 AM Tel
It was remarked to me recently that chalk on rock looks sexy... sound absurd but in boulderers it does bring about a strange sort of desire, ..From a short distance you see the problem and the way the line moves, in close you feel the texture of the rock and inspect the holds. The mind starts racing thinking of the moves and you start shaking your head, "no way you have got to be kidding". The next instant it is "right lets do it". The seemingly impossible has already begun to take shape.

When I am bouldering with others I get a kick out of watching them go for it. I have seen some mighty proud looks from people when they have topped out and in a way I feel lucky to have been there to see them do it and share their experience.
When I am out on my own well its all about the problem, no excuses, doesn't matter if your hands hurt, it is all about how much you want it.

I personally haven't done enough route climbing to bring into play about the freeing of restrictions of rope, harnesses etc, but I am aware of how condensed the difficulty factor seems. Just one or two moves that hook you in, so much so that there is no way you can just walk away from it.
I am not sure about ' the pure form of climbing ' edict(sp?)...,I read alot, and to be honest I don't care anymore. There are those that are sport climbers, Trad, Aid, Ice, Solo, Simul etc etc and are extremely passionate about their choice of endeavour. If the passion is pure then so is the endeavour.

In bouldering I have found raw energy in driving off the ground, precision in hitting a hold just so, subtle nuances in feet placements and am awed as well as inspired by others.
Well thats how it is for me...

There are 40 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints