Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
locker system at Araps?? 4-May-2014 At 12:37:12 PM wvccmem

Thought I might try out an idea of mine with ya'll,

I was thinking about how the western vic climbing club goes to araps a few times a year on their monthly base camps and everytime in between.. (This idea could apply to any club or persons in the same boat of course).

We constantly lug up camping equipment, firewood, tarps or fold-up shelters, tables and chairs etc. etc., most of the time leaving very little room for friends wanting to come along to save doing the "one person travelling thingy" or towing trailers for example. Not to mention that often, very annoying and embarrassing occurrence of forgetting something. Which was very bad for me when I forgot the tent one time. Unfortunately for me, it was my wife’s first trip away with me for months and the expectations of a good time were at an all time high!!. So I was thinking... What about a locker system at Araps or Nati where people could store their "camping shit" to avoid forgetting anything and freeing up valuable car space for other more important things like.... Beer? ....Whoops! I meant friends, more friends of course, both effectively equal good times don't they? and both at the same time? = sore heads and embarrassing stories the next day!.

We could all pitch in to give donations and it wouldn't cost a fortune to do, they could be set up near the dunnies or near the nati cafe/climbing shop and wouldn't need to be massive. On the down side, there would be the augment against having "double" items. Say the 'club trip' was at the gramps and all the gear is in storage at Araps. Some gear freaks may have 2 or 3 sets of everything already!!, but for most of us, it could be overcome with some careful planning to retrieve gear with the trailer or whatever in preparation for the upcoming trip. Besides a lot of us share food, cooking and kitchen equipment and climbing gear anyway, so it might just work!! On a personal note.... it would be nice to have my wife come up with me again.

Some food for thought...

CB

There are 14 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints