Poll Option Votes Graph
Yes 2
100% 

Author
Fund Raising

robbie
15-Feb-2014
11:17:48 AM
I have been thinking about doing a fundraiser at Araps with the climbing community. Think of your fun run and put it into a climbing context with people sponsoring you per metre. To get a feel for how many teams would be interested, I am putting it out there.

Ben_E
15-Feb-2014
11:24:45 AM
Sorry, maybe this should be obvious to me, but fundraising for what?

Cheers,

Ben

robbie
15-Feb-2014
1:35:32 PM
Hi Ben. I would like to see a joint venture raising $'s for the Austin and Horsham Hospitals.

Robbie
16-Feb-2014
10:37:49 AM
Hey Mark thanks for the P.M. I tried to respond, however things went pear shaped. Cheers.

I will be talking to the people at Austin Health tommorow re how they run fund raising events. I do expect there will be more work than meets the eye. However, Araps is the best crag going and climbing is the best. I could go on, however for the moment I want to see what sort of response comes from the climbing community. Unlike fun runs etc, we need climbers. Early days.

nmonteith
16-Feb-2014
10:57:28 AM
For a fundaraiser you will probably need insurance - and I can't imagine anyone insuring a competition to climb as much as possible (ie the more dangerous you are (solo) the better chance you have of winning!)

Robbie
16-Feb-2014
11:49:35 AM
Hi Neil. Good point. The idea is with teams of 2 and not a comp, just how many metres can be put up in the given time and for sponsors to donate X amount per metre.
Reluctant
16-Feb-2014
12:21:05 PM
Perhaps more in line with 40 hr famine or ms readathon process than a comp. Individual comitments and pledging allows for it to take place outside of event structure. Hence no required "event" structure including insurance, land manager approval etc
Reluctant
16-Feb-2014
2:26:03 PM
Robbie,
TazMaz is working at race against puffing billy. She might be able to advise on some of the issues. We may be climbing later this week. I'll ask then.

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints