Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Off-topic Climbers who ride version 2; MOTORcycles 3-Feb-2006 At 1:08:47 PM Ado
Been watching this one for a while thought id throw 2 cents worth, rounded down to 0 makes it worth nothing. I fall into most of the categories list here. The lane splitter, The noisy dirtbiker, the petrol head and the pushbiker.

Standard rules of lane splitting.

Only split lanes if traffic is at a standstill/jammed.
Lane split at a safe speed 30kph is good.
Be courtious to other drivers.

Standard rules of dirtbiking.

Ride on private property unless registered.
Spining the back tyre costs you money, wrecks the environment, and doesn't achieve much.
Consider other people.

Standard rules of pushbiking.

You are vulnerable
Be considerate of other drivers.
IF you don't wish to be a splot on the road follow the road rules

I still think that if a pushbike is to be considered a road going vehicle the rider should be licensed, the rider should have third party insurance and the bike in a roadworthy condition.

Over the years i have found that the biggest problem on our roads are car drivers. Some car drivers can't see past the car infront of them, the radio, the screaming kid in the back seat, the mobile phone held to the ear or the cigarette butt that they are about to throw out the window (which will no doubt end up either down the front of my jacket of in the local waterway).

Snafu - Solution to the gear on the motorbike is the old bike trailer. As i can't upload the picture from work (damn the powers to be if someone will put it up for me send me an email). The one i have has an esky that can be mounted to the front, will hold enough gear for two to camp, climb etc for as long as you want.

There are 461 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints