Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Another poor service story 15-Jul-2004 At 12:28:12 AM AlanD
Duncan, I've been referred by Paddy's and ME, but it's the exception than the rule. I've had all the stores try to totally bulls*** me, sometimes they have even succeeded.

If I'm shopping for something I'm not really familiar with, I'll do some research on the net, ask a few people I know have expertise in that area, go into the each of the Sydney Kent St stores and ask them questions, then sort through all that information to make hopefully an informed purchase. Each store has its strengths and its weaknesses, based upon its staff and its product range, you just need to work out which one is which. None of them are really strong in XC ski touring. I would say the climbing equipment wouldn't generally be a strength of Paddy's, I'd probably put them down as being extremely strong in bushwalking and backpacking. Two years ago I took my parent in the late 70's and early 80's into each of the stores to purchase equipment (boots, rain jackets, thermals, even a walking stick) for a China and Tibet trip, only the Paddy's staff showed any interest in seriously looking after them.

But someone at MD tried to sell me climbing shoes the other day that didn't fit and would never fit (wrong shape), they were in a discount bin, because they didn't have the size shoe I was after in another brand which they do stock.

There are 25 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints