Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
The Australian Climbing Festival is back!!
austclimbfest
2-Jun-2013
8:49:55 PM
Yes, the climbing festival is back, planned for 2014! Keep up to date with developments on the ACF Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AustralianClimbingFestival and make a comment about what you'd like to see there.

Eduardo Slabofvic
2-Jun-2013
10:32:23 PM
I would like to see a Stugang Pinata
Wollemi
3-Jun-2013
1:06:54 PM
'Yes, you really ought to have this jacket for the range of outdoor activities you do. It's durabl... [Looking over my shoulder, raising voice] 'Dude! Dude! Mate... haven't seen you in some time, hey? Kaputar, remember? Heard you have kids now...'
I hung up the jacket and walked away. Wouldn't want to upset a reunion.

Actually, I wouldn't have gone if the day had not been foggy and bleak. Precious outdoor time otherwise. So, I'd like to see foggy and bleak weather on the day I attend. And sales people that can stay focused on their job?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
3-Jun-2013
1:44:43 PM
^ Blerrie consumerists!

Apart from the fantastic event/s, I enjoyed catching up with people, and was glad it lasted more than one day!
~> Am looking forward to the next one. Who knows, maybe simey will shake my hand in greetings again!! Heh, heh, heh.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
6-Dec-2013
4:51:31 PM
I have been doing some homework and lining up mates to meet at it, so for the benefit of others (if not listed elsewhere), the dates for it (held over three days), are;

17 - 19 October 2014.

The map associated with the website indicates it will be at Bursill Lane,* Katoomba.

* Post edit 27/07/14
Venue info from the new website is as follows;
The 2014 Australian Climbing Festival will be held at the Katoomba Convention Centre on the corner of Cliff Drive and Violet Street, located directly across the road from Scenic World and only 3 km from the centre of Katoomba.

Doug
6-Dec-2013
8:26:22 PM
On 2/06/2013 austclimbfest wrote:
>Yes, the climbing festival is back, planned for 2014! Keep up to date with
>developments on the ACF Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AustralianClimbingFestival
>and make a comment about what you'd like to see there.
I would like to see a blog for those people who don't do Facebook (I think there are still at least half a dozen of us still on the planet).

rodw
6-Dec-2013
9:42:24 PM
Whats Facebook?
MichaelOR
7-Dec-2013
10:48:02 AM
What's a blog!
zorro
31-Dec-2013
12:22:07 PM
I agree, I am sick and tired of having to find information on facebook. [or should I say egobook]

IdratherbeclimbingM9
20-Jul-2014
5:02:45 PM
Any further news?
No, not about facebook, but the Festival.
(... apart from reconfirmation since it has been quiet, at least within the circles I mix with);

For example;
~ Will there be early bird tickets available?
~ Will Eduardo look to auction off his 1st whack of the Stugang Pinata before the event?

~> Need to plan ahead all things being equal, to schedule this with others, plan expected tyre life on the bike, and other abstract things...

ajfclark
20-Jul-2014
5:11:28 PM
There will be a vertical film festival for those that love 9:16 movies: http://www.verticalfilmfestival.com.au/

The recent interview in VL pointed back at the facebook page as the source for more info: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianClimbingFestival

ecowain
20-Jul-2014
5:35:34 PM
Website in final stages before release.
austclimbfest
25-Jul-2014
4:09:35 PM
Okay so it's taken a while, but this has certainly been a gargantuan task, bigger than El Cap even, but we have finally launched the climbing festival website!

There's still more stuff to be added to the website as we confirm more, but at least you know the festival content will only get bigger and better!

Also, the website is looking super-duper on a desktop computer or laptop, but is currently looking like poo on a tablet or phone - that is currently being fixed (we hope!).

Thanks for your patience - check it out here http://australianclimbingfestival.com.au/ and if you've got any feedback, let us know.

Cheers,
Gemma and Natasha

sbm
25-Jul-2014
6:15:19 PM
I'm excited.

How many El Caps stacked on top of each other would you compare the task to?
martym
25-Jul-2014
11:53:14 PM
I was excited for about 10 minutes, then saw the ticket prices... man oh man - has it been that long since I went ... indoors?

sbm
26-Jul-2014
9:38:34 AM
On 25/07/2014 martym wrote:
>I was excited for about 10 minutes, then saw the ticket prices... man oh
>man - has it been that long since I went ... indoors?

Ooof, yeah.
austclimbfest
26-Jul-2014
4:37:37 PM
How many El Cap's worth?....maybe about 80 ascents, but we're wondering if that would have been easier!!

Cost is relative to value - $150 is a lot for a T-shirt but it's not a lot for a 3 day festival with heaps of great stuff, and speakers you may never get a chance to see again.

If you really can't afford a ticket, you can always volunteer and can get a free pass!!

If you've been to any of the previous festivals, you'll know how awesome they were. We're not out to make money (we don't get paid at all!) - we just want to make the festival happen, which couldn't happen if we don't charge what we need to.

We are happy to be open about the festival costs if anyone wants to know.

We want to see this festival come back on a regular basis, just as most climbers do, and if we can keep our heads above water, maybe it can happen.

If you've got any queries or want to volunteer contact us at acf@australianclimbingfestival.com.au

Cheers,

Gemma and Natasha

IdratherbeclimbingM9
26-Jul-2014
9:08:50 PM
On 26/07/2014 sbm wrote:
>On 25/07/2014 martym wrote:
>>I was excited for about 10 minutes, then saw the ticket prices... man
>oh
>>man - has it been that long since I went ... indoors?
>
>Ooof, yeah.

Do you mean to say that neither of you would pay good money to see this ...?

The Great Debate

Is Climbing Sexy?
Do flappers, bloodied cuticles and rough hands turn you on? Was brightly-coloured lycra ever really a good look? Is climbing sexy or are we all just dags?

These questions and more will be hotly debated in this discussion, captained by Adrian Laing and Simon Mentz.

Team ‘For’: Adrian Laing (captain)
‘Crazy’ John Fischer
Cedar Wright

Team ‘Against’: Simon Mentz (captain)
Simon Madden
Damian Jovanovic

... Then again, maybe you are onto something, as it is hard to see simey arguing against climbing being sexy, as I have heard that that has been his modus operandi for years now.

... Then again, then again, it might be worth paying to see how he doesn't choke with laughter while summing up his team's effort!

Heh, heh, heh.
austclimbfest
27-Jul-2014
10:26:13 AM
Actually it's interesting you mentioned it, because we are looking for a "sexy" climbing photo to be the poster child of this debate.

If anyone has got any stunners, submit them here or email them to acf@australianclimbingfestival.com.au

If you photo is chosen, you will receive praise and adoration, and your photo will be projected in all it's glory at The Great Debate!

Superstu
27-Jul-2014
11:20:02 AM
Oh the irony that the women get to discuss women in climbing while the blokes get to talk about pioneering adventure and debate amongst themselves whether climbing is sexy.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints