General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Shooting In National Parks - NSW 26-Feb-2013 At 4:04:43 PM james
>Yes, so, in the vein of my last reply, love the bombast, but i'd love
>some real stats. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be shot in the head
>like pretty much anyone who's **ever existed**, but... Inferring that actually
>asking for stats means I think people won't die if hunting is allowed in
>"Parks" is a bit over the top don't you think? Any by that, I mean very
>over the top, praps a leedle bit like the people you hatin on!
>
>;)

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/2012/10/17/trio-of-hunting-accidents-in-western-canada-concerning

The third hunting misfire in Western Canada in less than two weeks has left a 56-year-old Delta B.C. man in a local hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries.

Police said the man was accidentally shot in the knee by a hunter from a separate party early Tuesday morning near Fort St. John in the Pink Mountain Recreational Area.

RCMP said he was sitting on an ATV in an area with poor visibility around 8:30 a.m. when a male hunter from Vancouver Island mistook him for wildlife and fired at him.

The wounded man was immediately given first aid then taken to Fort St. John Hospital before being transferred to the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Grande Prairie.

Tuesday’s accidental shooting comes on the heels of two fatal hunting incidents on Oct. 5.

A young woman was shot and killed about 80 kilometres south of Grande Prairie while out hunting with family members around 5:25 p.m.

The woman was airlifted to the QEII where she later died from her injuries.

Also on Oct. 5, a father-son hunting trip ended tragically when the 63-year-old man from Prince Alberta, Sask. mistakenly shot and killed his 36-year-old son.

The two men had been hunting about 280 kilometres east of Saskatoon.

“It just shocks me that this year there’s been three incidents in a very short time during hunting season,” said Kevin O’Toole, past vice-president of Wapiti Shooter Club, of the hunting season that runs from October to January.

There are 167 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints