Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
"There's your sign !"

Tel
10-Jun-2004
9:48:31 AM
Well its almost 10am and already five coffees have been downed in the last 3 hours along with numerous cigarrettes. The nervousness and agitation I feel is not due to either too much or not enough of the above but moreso to the plight I currently find myself in.
I had managed to wrangle an extra day off work and for this weekends planned trip to Arapiles. After a quick physio appointment late yesterday afternoon, there only left one thing on the agenda and that was to grab the tent from a mates place. Peak hour traffic and heavy rain could not unsettle my balance and well being following my physio treatment. Driving in an unhurried fashion a smile played upon my face as I thought of the bouldering that awaits me. I rounded a bend and found myself coming upon some stopped traffic I slowed and came down through the gears, braking... clutch innnnn shit that feels strange. "Hmmm thats not right" a feeling of dread began the meander through my body. As the traffic was stop start, I allayed my panic enough to do a couple of tests on the clutch, "ok, it feels weird but it seems ok, must be the heavy rain".
A calm began to settle upon me once more.
With the tent now retrieved the journey home and food, begin packing, in that order. Bad weather makes for conscious driving so I was able to pay particular attetion to the car, " Seems ok still a little weird ". Leaving the freeway at south melbourne I head down to city rd to take beaconsfield parade. I slow once again for a set of lights braking ... clutch innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, shit no clutch, shit shit, nooooooooooooooo clutch.
My, cannot be unsettled well being was replaced with an explosion of panic and terror not seen since that girl removed her underwear back in ' 89 ( but thats another story).
The ensuing panic to get back home had me out of the window with an arm flailing and screaming like a banshee at any vehicle near me as I tried to get back home.
Now as I write I await..... to see if I am to become a murphys' law analogy, all my preparation is on hold, it is grim... but not yet dire..........

Damietta
10-Jun-2004
10:28:09 AM
To quote that great Australian/kiwi band:

Now you're towing your car, there's a hole in the roof - your possessions are causing you suspicion but there's no proof...................

climbau
10-Jun-2004
11:41:44 AM
Sending good vibes your way Tel OMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tel
10-Jun-2004
12:04:57 PM
Slave cylinder ..pretty much catctus, will I make to Araps and back, ya damn skippy... for those also heading that way ...catch you there, I am a dream that once was

Rupert
10-Jun-2004
12:09:12 PM
Get them to check your exhaust too Tel, I think it may be leaking fumes :)

Seriously though, good luck getting out there - I hope you get fine weather.
Cheers

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints