Poll Option Votes Graph
Yes 29
94% 
No 2
6% 

Topic Date User
Is Ollie a tight wad? 8-Jun-2012 At 5:27:57 AM Climbau

Preparation time: more than 30 minutes
Impressive dessert made with bananas, cream, condensed milk in a pastry shell. Very easy to make and everyone will love it.
I
Ingredients:
1 x 300 g can sweetened condensed milk
600 mL thickened cream, whipped
2 bananas
1 x 220 g Pampas sweet flan case
1 x 30 g Cadbury Flake

Method:
Place the unopened can of condensed milk in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover well above the can.
Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 2 hours. Keep the can covered with water.
Remove from heat and allow the can to cool in the water. Refrigerate until needed.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the pastry shell in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Open the condensed milk and spoon into pastry shell, smoothing over.
Thinly slice the bananas, then place an overlapping layer over the toffee.
Cover with cream and decorate by sprinkling the flake chocolate over the top.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

NB:
I usually boil two tins of condensed milk and save one tin for later use. I like to make the pie in the morning and serve in the evening. This allows time for the flavour to go right through the banana and toffee. I use frozen flan cases.

There are 37 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints