Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Shooting In National Parks - NSW 31-May-2012 At 12:11:23 PM sleake

Normally have no interest in politics, however this has reved me up enough to vent about it on here.

Pretty major backflip by the NSW government on this issue.... long story short - with the right licence shooters can now enter 79 national parks and hunt feral animals.

Now while I have my own issues with the ethics of getting non-pro hunters to cull ferals, I think the biggest issue the users of these parks will face is the risk of being wrongly identified and shot.

This happened last year in New Zealand, where a woman was tragically killed by a hunter while she brushed her teeth in a DOC campground.

If one user group can have such a significant impact upon all other users of PUBLIC land, then I feel the public should have the right to determine what takes place in such areas.

More info here

http://www.npansw.org.au/index.php/news-parentmenu-419/182-2012/752-premier-allows-shooting-in-nsw-national-parks.html

Time to get on the case of local MPs and try and show that the majority of park users (i realise that climbers are only part of the whole group) dont want this to be pushed through.

Cheers, Steve

There are 167 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints