HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Oldest ozzie woman Jan Smith at 68 summits Everest 28-May-2012 At 7:52:28 AM egosan
>Do these clowns even melt their own water,
>or is that handled for them as well?

Careful ODH you may be cutting close to bone there.

Our aptly named friend has had more to say on the subject:

On 4/10/2011 Beryllium wrote:
>I went with a local company, Fernando Grajales. Going with them really
>alleviated all the stress of trying to work out the logistics. Base camp
>is well facilitated with internet, porters and medical facilities. Hot
>showers are available for around $10US.

For Christ sake! Really? Hot showers at 4100m. I thought camping at Lake Catani was a little luxurious to be called camping.

>I’d like to give it another shot but definitely not this year though.
>If I were to do it again, I’d bring a water filtration system. At the higher
>camps you need to melt snow for water which can be a little dirty due to
>the mountain being quite dusty. This can be off putting when you have to
>drink at least 4 litres of water a day to combat altitude sickness and
>dehydration.

No, that is called Ass to Mouth disease. It will leave you very dehydrated as well. Too many tourists leaving little brown presents in the snow up there.

On 27/05/2012 beryllium wrote:
>Mean spirited? Nah. Jealous? Yeah.
>
>I pity those who are in constant need to put a dampener on other people’s
>amazing achievements.

No need at all to damp anyone's amazing achievements. You want amazing? Look up Göran Kropp.

Some might say there is virtue in pointing out the Emperor has no cloths. I get too much pleasure to call it virtue.

You, lady, are naked.

Any up for the 2013 season? Book now:

http://www.patagonicas.com/schedule-and-rates/
http://www.mountainguides.com/everest-south.shtml

You can have your own personal sherpa and if you are a racist you can reserve a western guide, instead.

There are 58 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints