Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Smitten the movie 17-Feb-2012 At 1:30:58 PM Climboholic
>When the film first came out I was very disappointed with it, the trailers
>had me so psyched up but it didn't meet the hype.
>Anyway a watch it again the other day and it was better then I remembered
>it, I enjoyed it more then when I first saw it plus I knew when to fast
>forward.

I was the opposite. When I first saw it I had read all the criticism here and wasn't expecting much. It pleasantly surprised me!

My favourite thing about it was that it didn't take itself too seriously (like all true Aussies). I don't watch sport climbing films (particularly US), cos the wankers always take themselves so seriously and hence miss what climbing is all about for me.

There was a film at the Reel Rock Tour in Jan last year, about a couple of snot nosed teenagers working a 2 move boulder problem over a year. They even went to the extreme of simulating the problem in the gym. It made me so ashamed to be associated with them as a climber, that I quit climbing for 6 months!

In contrast, I just read Psycho Vertical by Andy Kirkpatrick's and thoroughly enjoyed it. He's got a wicked British sense of humour and he is always questioning his ability and taking the piss out of himself.

I think that the 'filler bits' everyone has been complaining about actually add to the Australian, make a joke at your own expense, feel.

Best Aussie climbing film I've seen! (Not to say that I won't make a joke at it's expense at this years Goatfest)

There are 123 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints