HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Dargan Creek (Dams Cliff) Plan of Management 4-Feb-2012 At 7:51:42 AM Climboholic
I don't have a problem with the requirement to seek permission to bolt new routes in principal, but I doubt the Trust are qualified to administer this (based on the assumption they are not climbers).

I find it a lot more objectionable that:

a) Swimming is banned. (what is the justification for this???)
b) Vehicle access is restricted and a car park is being constructed instead of spending the money on track maintenance.
c) Consideration is being given to allowing access to commercial guides and not the general public.

No last point in particular is not equitable. Instead of giving a reason in our objection, we should ask the Trust to explain why guides are given preferential treatment. They will be significantly increasing the traffic in the area with beginners who do not necessarily appreciate the access, may not conform to the climbing code of conduct and have no vested interest in looking after the park.

My final message to the land trust: Fulfil your responsibility to manage the land by maintaining it, instead of taking the easy option of restricting access thus discouraging it's use.

*Post Edit* Before making a submission, please read the draft Plan of Management. The opinions I expressed above, formed from other chockstone user's interperetation of the PoM, changed somewhat after I read the PoM myself (see my submission below if interested).

There are 70 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints