Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
dodgy retailers 4-Dec-2011 At 1:22:52 PM Hagges
I have worked in several outdoor retailers and I have sold hundreds of rock shoes to climbers. The best tactic I have found is to let the customer decide and never try to persuade them even when you're right. I have just let people walk away with shoes that are far too big for them. In my experience I have found that when you convince somebody the shoe is tightly right for them they always come back and ask to return them. So the best thing to do is say the tighter the better but let them decide and never convince them.

Then I'll see them down the local crag or wall with the shoes I sold them floppy around all over the place and they will say to me that they should have got the size smaller.

Most places offer a full refund if the product is in as good as new condition. So in hindsight if you weren't convinced by them you should have just worn them around the house and seen what they were like after 2 weeks. This is something I have always suggested. When somebody brings shoes back and they are in brand new condition a refund is always offered.

This should've have been suggested to you too. Also the sales assistant sounds inexperienced and hopefully he has learned his lesson. Have you wrote a letter to the owners? That should help you out a bit.

There are 142 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints