Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 30
Author
Logging climbs - what site is best?

Phil Laukens
25-Oct-2011
6:19:11 PM
I would like to log all my climbs on a database but don't know what's the best site to do this on?
Currently I've got all my climbs on a xls which is OK for sorting but I don't have the skills for making graphs etc
Karl Bromelow
25-Oct-2011
6:30:47 PM
I've no idea which is the best but this one is easy to use and good for graphs. I may have a nationalistic bias though. You'd probably have to provide some crag details for the more obscure Australian crags.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/

Cheers, Karl
widewetandslippery
25-Oct-2011
7:09:06 PM
I use a chainsaw
widewetandslippery
25-Oct-2011
7:59:54 PM
Fiibagel amd duralax

aarond
25-Oct-2011
8:22:28 PM
i use the climb.org.au one
its quite comprehensive with australian routes and heaps simple too.

8a is quite good too. but i started with climb.org.au so couldnt be arsed entering all my other routes again

StuckNut
25-Oct-2011
8:55:23 PM
On 25/10/2011 davidn wrote:
>www.thecrag.com
>

+1
pharmamatt
25-Oct-2011
9:49:04 PM
I use both climb.org.au and thecrag.com. climb.org.au is better for seeing logged climbs (by grade). Though thecrag.com is much more extensive in routes catalogued especially in SA.

benjenga
26-Oct-2011
7:05:01 AM
Yep go with Thecrag, I find it the most user friendly and it got pretty pictures :)

nmonteith
26-Oct-2011
8:27:08 AM
Thecrag.com has by far the best database of worldwide routes and has been online the longest. Also has great graphs and stats. Climb.org.au seems to be in limbo with development so I wouldn't commit to that website.

Phil Laukens
26-Oct-2011
2:07:03 PM
Thanks all, thecrag.com it is
Olbert
26-Oct-2011
6:14:35 PM
I have all my climbs logged with climb.org.au and so couldn't be bothered relogging them all with thecrag.com. Is there a way to transfer?

nmonteith
26-Oct-2011
6:41:27 PM
On 26/10/2011 Olbert wrote:
>I have all my climbs logged with climb.org.au and so couldn't be bothered
>relogging them all with thecrag.com. Is there a way to transfer?

No, because the two sites have different database hierarchy - and obviously climb.org.au is missing a lot of routes.

aarond
26-Oct-2011
8:48:51 PM
im with you olbert. thecrag looks pretty good, but such a mission to change over.
ademmert
26-Oct-2011
11:45:48 PM
Has anyone used both 8a.nu and thecrag.com and recommend either one over the other and why?
ademmert
28-Oct-2011
11:39:37 AM
On 26/10/2011 ademmert wrote:
>Has anyone used both 8a.nu and thecrag.com and recommend either one over
>the other and why?

Any opinions on this i started with 8a and would like to get some feed back before i go to far and is to late to swap if the crags is better!?!
maxdacat
28-Oct-2011
11:42:08 AM
I tried logging climbs on 8a but it is such a dog of a website so I stick with UKC which is much more user friendly.

phil_nev
28-Oct-2011
11:53:34 AM
I think 8a.nu is ok. Ignore the points and all the BS, and its a handy tool to log your routes and see your progression etc.

I used to use thecrag.com a lot and it was great, but since the redevelopment it's been a bit clunky. Though I have heard many of these issues have been fixed now.
aaw
28-Oct-2011
12:12:17 PM
The guys who run thecrag.com are also really helpful - on numerous occasions they've helped fix issues I've discovered.
maxdacat
28-Oct-2011
12:32:43 PM
On 28/10/2011 phil_nev wrote:
>I think 8a.nu is ok. Ignore the points and all the BS, and its a handy
>tool to log your routes and see your progression etc.
>
>

One of my complaints is that for some areas eg Kalymnos there seem to be multiple versions of the same climb in the ticklist and logbook. Someone really needs to get in there and clean things up.

ajfclark
28-Oct-2011
12:43:07 PM
That's what happens when non-OCD people put route info together. It happens in all online guides that allow public input. I spent several rest days of my China trip fixing up Yangshuo entries on thecrag. It at least does have the tools to merge routes together and so forth.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 30
There are 30 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints