General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
Author
Trad Climbing Photography - Araps
christian_wake
2-Oct-2011
2:50:17 PM
Hi All.

My name is Christian and I have dabbled in a little bit of trad climbing but am also a student photographer. When I say student photographer, I don't mean i am doing a three day course in how to use a camera. I have been enrolled in the Photographic Studies College for the past 2 years and have a couple of years to go. So my work is at worst semi-professional.

Now before anyone roasts me for asking for favours on my first post here, this could be a win-win for serious climbers and of course myself. So if you're offended, stop reading now.

I would like to know of any experienced climbers who will be staying at the pines in the next week or two who wouldn't mind me following them around to document their trip. I am not after just action photos on the rock, but would like to document their lifestyle and everything in between during their trip.

The overall brief will be a photo-essay on the life of serious climbers staying at the pines. What I offer in return is a photographer using professional photography equipment, who uses their own climbing equipment to rappel down walls off the route, to capture some true action photos to go along with the lifestyle photos. The climbers will get all processed images to personally use and I will get images for my portfolio.

Ideally, I would like climbers attempting Kachoong, to get that much sought after classic shot on the overhang. As well as some extreme close-up wide angle action shots getting through the crux. Details and logistics can be discussed later.

If you are not attempting Kachoong, but would be interested if you a climbing other great climbs at Araps, let me know also.

Any further questions please let me know.

Regards,

Christian WAKE.
widewetandslippery
2-Oct-2011
3:35:21 PM
I'll do it cheap, just some travel costs beer and speed (unfit). U have no f---ing idea.
gclimb
2-Oct-2011
4:30:53 PM
On 2/10/2011 widewetandslippery wrote:
>I'll do it cheap, just some travel costs beer and speed (unfit). U have
>no f---ing idea.

Idea about what? Civility?

ChuckNorris
2-Oct-2011
4:55:15 PM
I am an incredibly good looking rock superstar preparing to conquer Kachoo. I am available for photos in any of the preamble upwards until my ascent. I am building to my goal, even though my goat may kill me, I go on. We are mere mortal in universe - that is why I must conker kachoo.

Do not listen to the dude he never konka kachoo. I only konka kachoo. My life is about conka Kerchoo.

Miguel75
2-Oct-2011
5:00:38 PM
On 2/10/2011 useful wrote:
>Do not listen to the dude he never konka kachoo. I only konka kachoo.
>My life is about conka Kerchoo.

Are you the walrus, conka kerchoo?

mattjr
2-Oct-2011
5:16:55 PM
Persevere Christian, nevermind the mindless dribblers.. they can't help themselves!

Miguel75
2-Oct-2011
5:31:02 PM
Christian I have a few friends staying in the pines for the next 10 days. Ask around for Sam, they may be able to help.

And no more Beatles references from me;)
christian_wake
2-Oct-2011
9:18:54 PM
On 2/10/2011 Miguel75 wrote:
>Christian I have a few friends staying in the pines for the next 10 days.
>Ask around for Sam, they may be able to help.
>
>And no more Beatles references from me;)

Cool. Thanks Miguel. Maybe I could PM you my details so I may get in contact with your friends.

Thanks Mattjr. I half expected a few to carry on. The troubles with social media. Anonymous persons having a dig. Much safer to say what you want on a forum than to another's face. I'm a big boy. Water off a ducks......

CW.

Sabu
2-Oct-2011
10:14:27 PM
I would just go to araps and stay in the pines. Ask around and find some climbers there, undoubtedly most would be more than happy for you to follow them along. If you were over there during a busy period, I imagine you could get quite an interesting photo essay on the social aspects of the pines and the people staying there.

Oh and I'm also sure that if you asked around you would be able to find someone with Kachoong on their tick list! A little nudge in the right direction (free pro photos) and you may be able to get them to have a shot instead of just sitting around the campfire talking about it!

shortman
2-Oct-2011
10:15:46 PM
On 2/10/2011 Sabu wrote:
>I would just go to araps and stay in the pines. Ask around and find some
>climbers there, undoubtedly most would be more than happy for you to follow
>them along. If you were over there during a busy period, I imagine you
>could get quite an interesting photo essay on the social aspects of the
>pines and the people staying there.

Good call Sabu.
One Day Hero
2-Oct-2011
11:59:41 PM
On 2/10/2011 christian_wake wrote:
>
>Any further questions please let me know.
>
>Regards,
>
>Christian WAKE.

I have a question...............ummm, did your left pinky inadvertently clip the caps lock key there, or is it just that you're a tool?

regards,

One Day HERO

shortman
3-Oct-2011
1:08:25 AM
On 2/10/2011 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 2/10/2011 christian_wake wrote:
>>
>>Any further questions please let me know.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Christian WAKE.
>
>I have a question...............ummm, did your left pinky inadvertently
>clip the caps lock key there, or is it just that you're a tool?
>
>regards,
>
>One Day HERO

That's two questions ODH.

I have two questions also..........ummm, did you not have any luck with the ladies this weekend? Or is it just that your a tool?

christian_wake
3-Oct-2011
10:28:49 PM
On 2/10/2011 Sabu wrote:
>I would just go to araps and stay in the pines. Ask around and find some
>climbers there, undoubtedly most would be more than happy for you to follow
>them along. If you were over there during a busy period, I imagine you
>could get quite an interesting photo essay on the social aspects of the
>pines and the people staying there.
>
>Oh and I'm also sure that if you asked around you would be able to find
>someone with Kachoong on their tick list! A little nudge in the right direction
>(free pro photos) and you may be able to get them to have a shot instead
>of just sitting around the campfire talking about it!

Thanks for the input Sabu. I'll check it out. I'll be going up no matter what. Maybe see some of the little snipers from the forum up there. Or maybe they just talk around campfires too.
One Day Hero
3-Oct-2011
11:23:56 PM
On 3/10/2011 shortman wrote:
>
>That's two questions ODH.
>
>
>I have two questions also..........ummm, did you not have any luck with
>the ladies this weekend? Or is it just that your a tool?
>
Nope, one question, two suggested answers. Anyway, you won't dare talk to me like that once I conka Kerchoo!

shortman
3-Oct-2011
11:34:53 PM
On 3/10/2011 One Day Hero wrote:

>Nope, one question, two suggested answers. Anyway, you won't dare talk
>to me like that once I conka Kerchoo!

Nut it's two questions.

How 'bout a vote peoples?
One Day Hero
3-Oct-2011
11:46:29 PM
Shut up Shortman, never will you conka Kerchoo

ChuckNorris
14-Oct-2011
9:38:46 PM
Let me help...

Day 1

I have met climbing legend willing to risk life and limb for my photo album. His name is simey and he is going to konka cachoo, the mostest of the dangerest climbs in the world.

Excited about my mission I arrive early (11am) at the Natimuk Cafe - another project of his whirlwind of energy. I ask for the man that is up for conkering kerchook, I am told he is still resting in bed.

Suddenly I hear a voice....."bring me another latte and muffin....and clear this mess away."

Then I see the man of my dream. I am a little disappointed, his nose is too big and he looks a little too much like a chicken to be a true hero. But he changes all this by committing to konkering cachicken, the mostest dangerousnest climb in the universe.

Simey comes down and sits on the couch and screams for another latte.

Stay tuned for day too of my photo extravegetable.

ChuckNorris
14-Oct-2011
10:55:50 PM
Day too

I arrive at the legendary Natimuk Cafe at the ungodly hour of 10am. I am soo excited becauze I have been promised legendary pics of a legendary climber konkering cerchoo - the dangeroust climb in the universe.

I wait. Nothing

I wait and order another coffee. No simey

At 11am I hear a scream "get me another latte and clear this mess away," That must be simey.

I have lunch with simey who talks about everybody who has ever conked kingchuk. Some lived, some died and it made me realise the gravity of my quest for the perfect happy snap of king kong atishoo.

I asked if he was ready to go konka atishoo, he paused, pushed his open hand into my face and demanded, "Another lattee and muffin....and clear up this mess"

By the time simey had rested sufficiently for the ascent it was too late. My eyes bled the tears of disappointment.

Day Free

By the time simey had rested sufficiently for the ascent it was too late.

However, breakthrough!!!! simey committed to cokerading dachicken after footy practice the next day. All I had to do was get set up with simey's mates. He singled out Gatharr as a particularly loyal friend. Gatharr gave the gift of eternal vegemite.

Day For

Gatharr and all our mates drove to katishoo - the dangeroust climb in the world. simey kicked a pigskin with the Nutty Rums in preparation for his deth.
simey
14-Oct-2011
11:35:19 PM
Don't keep me hanging. Where is the rest of the story?

ChuckNorris
14-Oct-2011
11:47:31 PM
I'll do my best but it is a little weird typing "witty" responses with one eye and the other watching the Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky.

Makes Eraserhead look completely normal.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints