Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Smitten the movie 28-Aug-2011 At 9:28:29 AM hipster
I watched this movie last night. So disappointing on so many levels. Am I the only one thinking this? I doubt it. The only people plugging the film are those that helped fund it or those that are in it. I feel so sorry for all the companies that supported it, what a waste of coin. Ed Thornhill you should hand back all their money. Whatever you promised them you didn't deliver.
What's with all the swearing? It should have been edited out, and the climbers should all know when the camera starts rolling it's not the time to start with the potty mouth. That's what being professional is all about. The editing in general was absolutely woeful. The lighting...where do I start, it was all bad. Not being able to see faces or handholds was frustrating. There was NO consideration given to flat light conditions, the camera just kept rolling in full sun so the contrast was woeful. The footage on Taipan SHOULD have been awesome. It was far from it. Could anyone see Ben's face as he told the story of falling off the Taipan ledge?
The interviews...I could barely see the Cossey family..why was it only on part of the screen?
The acting segments were just weird/awkward. And the rabbit?
The basejumping segment in the Grose Valley.. it's ILLEGAL to basejump in the Grose. Do it by all means, but why publicise it? To conduct commercial activities in the Grose (ie. shoot a movie) you need permission from NPWS. Bet the film makers didn't say they were shooting some BASE action.
The fonts were terrible.. I couldn't read the names and grades for most of the routes/boulders.
A lot of these climbers are my friends. Some of them will go down in Australian climbing history as significant contributors in a period where there was much route development and grade improvement. The film maker hasn't nearly done them justice, and should be embarrased about the finished product.

Ado

There are 123 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints