Rock Master Publications:
Sublime Climbs - A Guide to the best rock climbing venues in Victoria, Australia.By Kevin Lindorff, Josef Goding & Jarrod Hodgson. Over 700 climbs, 158 phototopos, 36 maps, and 380 pages covering the best of Mt Arapiles, Mt Buffalo and the Grampians $45.00
If you have climbed a new route and want to record it for all of posterity - here is some tips on how to make guidebook authors very happy!
• Route name
• Route length
• Route grade
• Route style (trad/mixed/sport/boulder problem)
• Number of bolts
• Route location (describe it against other established routes using real distances - ie 5m left of Body Count at layback flake)
• Route description - describe what it looks like and how it climbs. Record if its a safe lead or a dangerous lead.
• Give it a quality rating comparing it to other routes in the area (three stars should be saved for the very very best routes). Get others to repeat the route to judge quality if you can
• First ascent party names (the leader and 2nd if applicable, or if multipitch record who led what pitch)
• First ascent date
Then pop over the the thecrag.com website and enter the route into the database - making sure the route is correctly listed in the right location. Double check all the info.