Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Black Diamond: Super Chute Rope Bag. Volume 25 litres. Single adjustable shoulder strap. Rope tarp dimensions: 146 X 126cm. 400d nylon. Assorted colours. (Holds up to 80M Rope)  $49.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Big bag of Gear found in Hope St Brunswick
Vantootie
16/06/2014
2:15:02 PM
Hi there, I found a big bag of climbing gear at the bottom of hope st in Brunswick this morning. Looks like stolen gear that's been dumped. Includes harnesses, helmets etc. in yellow Tatonka bag. Heavier than I can carry - maybe 30kg or so. Friends say it looks more like high rise window cleaning gear than climbing gear. I have the gear now so let me know if you think it's yours
patto
Online Now
16/06/2014
2:28:29 PM
Thanks Vantootie,

You've come to the right place if you wanted to return the equipment. Given the weight of it then it might be high access gear rather than climbing gear. It is likely worth a very significant amount of money.

You could also try sending emails to high access companies in Melbourne:
https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=high%20access%20melbourne

A few photos of SOME of the equipment might help. Don't show all as the unseen stuff can be used for identification.

Pat
16/06/2014
6:27:23 PM
Reporting to police as well might shorten things a little if the owners have done the same?
patto
Online Now
16/06/2014
6:46:35 PM
Then again it might not if the owners haven't reported it to the police. And we all know how little effort the police will then go to return the property....

phillipivan
16/06/2014
8:10:13 PM
They called me up recently, and sent me a letter, to let me know they had my wallet. Got it back that afternoon. I'm not complaining with the amount of effort they went to.

Miguel75
16/06/2014
9:19:33 PM
On 16/06/2014 patto wrote:
>Then again it might not if the owners haven't reported it to the police.
> And we all know how little effort the police will then go to return the
>property....

That's a bit harsh! I reckon if cops didn't have to deal with the never ending supply of less effective citizens they'd have more time to stop in for a hot tea and personally deliver your lost gear to your door;)
One Day Hero
16/06/2014
9:24:22 PM
Haha, "less effective citizens"

I wonder if the Araps Rescue Group will start referring to future arseclowns stuck in the squeeze test as "less effective boulderers"?
patto
Online Now
16/06/2014
10:01:53 PM
On 16/06/2014 Miguel75 wrote:
>That's a bit harsh!
I was never meant to be harsh. It was meant to be reality. If it hasn't been reported as stolen then Vantootie already gone further in locating the owner.

On 16/06/2014 phillipivan wrote:
>They called me up recently, and sent me a letter, to let me know they had
>my wallet. Got it back that afternoon. I'm not complaining with the amount
>of effort they went to.
A wallet with you name and address in it or other contact details. I'm not sure if that is comparable.
kieranl
16/06/2014
10:05:09 PM
On 16/06/2014 One Day Hero wrote:
>Haha, "less effective citizens"
>
>I wonder if the Araps Rescue Group will start referring to future arseclowns
>stuck in the squeeze test as "less effective boulderers"?

Nice thought. These less effective people can take heart that at least they haven't sunk to the depths of the people down Laharum way who last night had Horsham SES paged to save a trapped kitten. (no I didn't go and I don't know the outcome)

Miguel75
16/06/2014
10:23:57 PM
On 16/06/2014 kieranl wrote:
>...SNIP... These less effective people can take heart that at least
>they haven't sunk to the depths of the people down Laharum way who last
>night had Horsham SES paged to save a trapped kitten. (no I didn't go and
>I don't know the outcome)

I've been called out to a bird stuck in a tree.... true story.

Pat
17/06/2014
10:05:31 AM
Yeah but you need to tell everyone it was an emu . . .
martym
17/06/2014
11:06:09 AM
Has no one thought about the poor bastard still hanging in front of a window who can't be safely lowered to the ground cause someone swiped his mate's haul bag?
kieranl
17/06/2014
11:37:48 AM
On 17/06/2014 martym wrote:
>Has no one thought about the poor bastard still hanging in front of a window
>who can't be safely lowered to the ground cause someone swiped his mate's
>haul bag?
No. They're still trying to rescue that kitten.

Eduardo Slabofvic
17/06/2014
12:14:15 PM
I think its mine.
gnarly_rider
17/06/2014
1:07:12 PM

>Nice thought. These less effective people can take heart that at least they haven't sunk >to the depths of the people down Laharum way who last night had Horsham SES >paged to save a trapped kitten. (no I didn't go and I don't know the outcome)

My inner-city SES unit got paged on the weekend for a cat on a roof....

There are 15 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints