Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Scarpa: Scarpa "Mystic GTX" Approach Shoe. Premium model. Gortex lined. Vibram Sole. Climbing toe... Size 43 Eur. (10 USm)  $149.00
50% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
Climbing Helmets for Cycling?

climbau
28/01/2012
11:54:07 AM
On 28/01/2012 PDRM wrote:
>Same messy situation applies with rope access helmets as i understand
>it.
>
>P

Yeah, antiquated outdated standards are an entirely different Australian idiosyncrosy(?).
;)

evanbb
31/01/2012
9:34:58 AM
On 25/01/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>What's with the shorts over the leggings thing ebb?

We were going out all day and it was farking cold in the mornings. I also like nylon over wool for chimneying. It's a pretty compelling fashion statement I know.
taylormec
15/02/2012
6:34:17 PM
This one looks good! made by kong

climbau
16/02/2012
9:16:07 AM
On 28/01/2012 Eduardo Slabofvic. wrote:
>Tell them that you're doing experimental performance art, then you're
>exempt from the Act.
I believe the accepted stance is "Do what you want, but if anyone gets hurt we'll book you and prosecute to the full extent of the law"
dave
15/03/2012
11:13:43 PM
Another (new) similar product from Kong, however this one is good for climbing, ski, bike/skate

http://www.kong.it/doc/KONG_KOSMOS.pdf

Doug
16/03/2012
7:09:53 AM
If you can afford it and aren't totally averse to owning too much "stuff", I reckon a separate helmet for each is a good way to go. In fact, when we still had a climbing gym in Hobart, I even kept a separate set of gear to take to the gym as opposed to going outdoors. You're always ready to go that way: just grab the pack and out the door. Also a good way to disguise EOD (Early-Onset Dementia).
:-)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16/03/2012
12:47:32 PM
On 16/03/2012 Doug wrote:
>If you can afford it and aren't totally averse to owning too much "stuff",
>(snip)
>I even kept a separate set of gear to take to (snip)
>You're always ready to go that way: just grab the pack and out the door. Also a good way to disguise EOD (Early-Onset Dementia).
>:-)

You use that trick too?
It is a good one eh!
~> I have separate kit pre-packed for free-climbing, aid-climbing, general camping, motorcycle camping, etc, etc... & surprisingly it was not that expensive to set up in this fashion, as over the years when I updated gear, the old stuff was relegated to other useage.
I must admit though, that it diminishes the gear-freakery joy of sorting it beforehand for upcoming trips!
;-)

JamesMc
16/03/2012
1:33:43 PM
On 15/03/2012 dave wrote:
>Another (new) similar product from Kong, however this one is good for climbing,
>ski, bike/skate
>
>http://www.kong.it/doc/KONG_KOSMOS.pdf

But there's no indication that it meets Australian standards, so it probably doesn't. That makes it illegal for cycling.

I just don`t understand why anyone would expect to use the same helmet for cycling and climbing. Climbing helmets and cycling helmets have different functions.

JamesMc

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints