Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 5 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 92
Author
the necessity of hexes these days

sabu
27/04/2005
5:13:25 PM
i'd say deffinately get 1 of each of the big ones bout 5 to 11. anything smaller is your choice. but the big ones are very valuable in a crack

Rich
27/04/2005
5:29:37 PM
i'd say ditch ur wires and cams and only buy big hexes and only climb off widths.. but thats just my opinion. :P

LittleMac
28/04/2005
10:26:21 AM
You're a sick and twisted man Rich, sick and twisted.

master of drung
28/04/2005
1:55:56 PM
i carry small hexes instead of doubling up on larger nuts and occasionally find good placement for them where a nut would be a bit dicey i think they give me a more flexible rack. i like using hexes of all sizes, (unwired again for flexibility of use) but i don't really consider them as a replacement for cams unless i was particularly desperate.

sabu
28/04/2005
5:45:30 PM
On 27/04/2005 Rich wrote:
>i'd say ditch ur wires and cams and only buy big hexes and only climb off
>widths.. but thats just my opinion. :P

wat about when u find a trench that beccons you into it's deep and thrashy mist?
and yes u ARE a very sick little boy!!!!

Rich
29/04/2005
1:12:58 AM
ah those deep runout trenches.. thats what dreams are made of.. :P

sabu
29/04/2005
11:11:18 AM
sick sick sick sick!!!! i've had one experience on a trench, name was either Ivan or Blockbuster, up the top of Bard. i thrashed and struggeled up and now would prefer so stay well away from trenches!!

cruze
29/04/2005
11:37:31 AM
We had a whole thread about Ivan a while back. I liked the thing! I think that the best thing about it was that you got to the top of a grade 12 and actually feel like you have battled your way up a grade 20, and from memory there were a couple of excellent hex placements for the larger variety!
armyiain
29/04/2005
7:27:43 PM
Well, sadly I'm having to build the rack far too slowly for my liking - just added Rockcentrics sizes 6 and 7. Thankfully my rack is supplemented with uni gear...

sabu
29/04/2005
9:01:15 PM
On 29/04/2005 cruze wrote:
>We had a whole thread about Ivan a while back. I liked the thing! I think
>that the best thing about it was that you got to the top of a grade 12
>and actually feel like you have battled your way up a grade 20, and from
>memory there were a couple of excellent hex placements for the larger variety!

ja that was the problem i thought it was going to be easy then after a few minutes of thrashing i'd gotten absolutely no where on it!
Rocky
24/05/2005
5:14:14 PM
On 29/04/2005 sabu wrote:
>sick sick sick sick!!!! i've had one experience on a trench, name was either
>Ivan or Blockbuster, up the top of Bard. i thrashed and struggeled up and
>now would prefer so stay well away from trenches!!

you should have a crack at Electra, it's a great face climb, all you'll need is a set of your hexes, hahahaha.

The Good Dr
25/05/2005
12:50:58 PM
On 24/05/2005 Rocky wrote:

>you should have a crack at Electra, it's a great face climb, all you'll
>need is a set of your hexes, hahahaha.

How about a list of all Hex ascents.

Here are a few at Arapiles for a start:

Preludes
King Rat
The Rack
Spellbinder

Page 5 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 92
There are 92 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints