Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond "Wire Hex" SET. (Size 4 to 10) - 7 pieces. Comes with a "free" Ovalwire Karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

 Page 5 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 114
Author
2nd Buffalo learn aid-climbing w/e 20-21 Nov 2010

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15/11/2010
11:05:47 PM
Hmm.

Different topic.
I just checked the Parks Vic website and found the following info...
Current Track Closures
The following tracks are closed due to flood damage, and are expected to re-open on Friday 24 December 2010.

Reservoir Road (closed to vehicles open to walkers)


~> This means that we would waste too much time on a day visit accessing the Devils Couch area due to a lengthy walk in, so it is now likely off our agenda for this trip.
~> A bit of a shame really*, as it lends itself to a range of aiding abilities on routes that are within close proximity to each other.
(* egosan just lost his opportunity to inveigle some poor b-----d onto his new M6 route from last time! Heh, heh, heh.)

There is plenty of stuff to be done up Buffalo, but finding compact areas with easy access, diversity, and enough of it to cater for a group of differing abilities, will be harder now without finding ourselves spread out across more than one area...

We shall have to have an evening &/or breakfast 'intentions session' to work out the best tactic to meet the expectations of those who turn up, and see who is available for what endeavour.

~> For those who attended the March event and are looking to extend their experience rather than consolidate; maybe give some thought to what you want out of this event beforehand, as we have some good experience available with some of the attendees to draw upon.

Such things as hauling methods / dialling in jumaring techniques / roped-solo / etc, can be introduced if enough participants want to go down those tracks of enquiry.

ajfclark
16/11/2010
6:48:22 AM
Those two sites we were in at the start of the year are 12 and 13.

There's a map of the camp site on the second page of this: http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_0388.pdf

Unfortunately this clashes with the VCC's self rescue course which I'm assisting with so I won't be able to make it. I guess I'll still be making hauling systems but they might be for people not haul bags...
brendan
16/11/2010
7:54:58 AM
at this stage i am not confident we'll be going for ozzy this weekend my knee is still abit dodgy, so i'll be hanging around happy to let people use my spare gear
Fish Boy
16/11/2010
4:31:47 PM
Paz is working Rod, so it is me and the mrs coming up with that dreadlocked schoolboy shoved in the back of my shitbox.

Plans are to get the mrs to lead and me to tag along...things like Lift Girls Lament, Banisters Rush, Country Rd, Highway 61....we might just do our own thing, but hang out at night with you folks...I wanna do Zeus...we'll see...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16/11/2010
5:41:46 PM
On 16/11/2010 Fish Boy wrote:
>Paz is working Rod, so it is me and the mrs coming up with that dreadlocked
>schoolboy shoved in the back of my shitbox.
>
Hear that dreadlocked schoolboy?
You have finally achieved haulbag status in the Fishy version of big wall game...
~> You will get up Ozy yet!!
Heh, heh, heh!
bl@ke
18/11/2010
1:17:10 PM

>On 16/11/2010 Fish Boy wrote:
>>that dreadlocked schoolboy

Not for long! about the school not the precious dreads.
hargs
23/11/2010
5:29:40 PM
Well? Howd'it go?? Was as much airtime logged this time around? Or did you manage to stay attached? Some details please!
Fish Boy
23/11/2010
6:43:11 PM
Not much air time, however there was a lot of rockfall.

Here are some dodgy pics.

Fish Boy
23/11/2010
6:47:26 PM


People in Burston's Crevasse.




A little crack at the base of Burston's. (L-R, Marq, Egosan, Scooby, M9, me.




Andrew, Ben, Blake, Bones and +1, Brendan, Marq, Egosan




Went free climbing behind the campsite





Brendan and me, and a whole lot of gear (and subies).






Robertsonja on Country Road. We know his opinion on bolts, what about wine bottles? Phillip on belay.



Fish Boy
23/11/2010
6:48:23 PM
^^^ can someone make that work, I'm too hot.

Ben_E
23/11/2010
10:53:12 PM
On 23/11/2010 Fish Boy wrote:
"Not much air time, however there was a lot of rockfall"

Oh, I dunno, I saw Bones log up a bit on Cream Machine on Sunday. I think Blake may have got some footage that he may share with us?

ajfclark
24/11/2010
7:50:44 AM
On 23/11/2010 Fish Boy wrote:
>

>People in Burston's Crevasse.
>
>
>
>A little crack at the base of Burston's. (L-R, Marq, Egosan, Scooby, M9,
>me.
>
>
>
>
>Andrew, Ben, Blake, Bones and +1, Brendan, Marq, Egosan
>
>
>
>
>Went free climbing behind the campsite
>
>
>
>
>
>Brendan and me, and a whole lot of gear (and subies).
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Robertsonja on Country Road. We know his opinion on bolts, what about wine bottles? Phillip on belay.

gordoste
24/11/2010
9:47:59 AM
Looks like a cracker of a day! Hoping my neck stops hurting so I can get up there this weekend!
bones
24/11/2010
10:23:58 AM
On 23/11/2010 Ben_E wrote:
>On 23/11/2010 Fish Boy wrote:
>"Not much air time, however there was a lot of rockfall"
>
>Oh, I dunno, I saw Bones log up a bit on Cream Machine on Sunday. I think
>Blake may have got some footage that he may share with us?

Let me at least talk it up for a while before everyone sees the real footage.
I think it was a about a 20 metre deck onto jagged boulders on a sketchy ledge, with 15 bits of gear zippering...... does that sounds about right?
singersmith
24/11/2010
10:28:37 AM
Is that the business bit (24) of Country Road?

Ben_E
24/11/2010
10:45:42 AM
On 24/11/2010 bones wrote:

>I think it was a about a 20 metre deck onto jagged boulders on a sketchy
>ledge, with 15 bits of gear zippering...... does that sounds about right?

I thought your 30 meter fall that was arrested just off the deck by a #0 RP equalised with a slung bit of moss, with the belayer unclipping and throwing herself off the ledge to take up slack was the more impressive one, myself... Pity Blake didn't capture that one.
bones
24/11/2010
10:49:37 AM
On 24/11/2010 Ben_E wrote:
>On 24/11/2010 bones wrote:
>
>>I think it was a about a 20 metre deck onto jagged boulders on a sketchy
>>ledge, with 15 bits of gear zippering...... does that sounds about right?
>
>I thought your 30 meter fall that was arrested just off the deck by a
>#0 RP equalised with a slung bit of moss, with the belayer unclipping and
>throwing herself off the ledge to take up slack was the more impressive
>one, myself... Pity Blake didn't capture that one.

I was sure that moss was bomber
bl@ke
24/11/2010
12:34:23 PM
I have the footage after that massive whip onto broken glass on a dodgy ledge if you want it? Sprayfest lol
I have no idea how to get a vid up any suggestions?

ajfclark
24/11/2010
12:35:18 PM
Upload it to youtube, then copy the embed code?
robertsonja
24/11/2010
3:06:39 PM
On 24/11/2010 singersmith wrote:
>Is that the business bit (24) of Country Road?

That is the business, the first roof just right of belay is also a little bit funky. Unfortunately the wine bottle was empty, but still a really nice climb. Two number 5 camalots would be a minimum to aid the business.


 Page 5 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 114
There are 114 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints