Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Scarpa: Scarpa "Mystic GTX" Approach Shoe. Premium model. Gortex lined. Vibram Sole. Climbing toe... Size 43 Eur. (10 USm)  $149.00
50% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 44
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Buffalo Gorge (General) (General) [ Gorge Guide ] 

Author
Mt Buffalo Gorge - North Wall descent.
DMWdesign
26/06/2014
11:14:00 PM
On 26/06/2014 Duang Daunk wrote:
>On 26/06/2014 DMWdesign hassled chocky again:
>>Is that to the right, facing the cliff?
>
>>Facing the cliff, are the two further abseils down Comet Ramp on the
>left
>>or right?
>>
>You are going down yes?
>It is obvious which way is down when you get there.
>This is a climbing site mate. Almost every reference to L + R is (as traditionally
>done) facing the cliff unless specifically noted otherwise.
>
>When you eventually get on it, don't forget to come back to us with a
>trip report, so you can hassle again with questions about how to post pictures.
>
>
>There ya go M9. Fixed that for ya.
>
>Ay gfdonc bro. D Man Wdesign is a rapper not a climber. It's obvious you
>saved yourself the pain of reading earlier posts.
>How can I get that 10 mins of my life back?

thanks guys for clarification
I promise no more questions - and I won't bore you with the pics!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
27/06/2014
10:42:16 AM
On 26/06/2014 DMWdesign wrote:
>thanks guys for clarification
>I promise no more questions - and I won't bore you with the pics!

Donít be disheartened by a plain-typing DD post, DMW.
It comes from one of our resident (often perceived as being trolls*), Chocky posters.
(* They are a bit chameleon like as they change from time to time!)
If you hang around Chockstone long enough you will realise they are lightweight yet colourful threads of the Chockstone Posting Tapestry.

Re a Trip Report; I for one would be interested to see how you go, and it may also help the wider readership if they get feedback on how useful you find the information you have gleaned from this site (especially updates on anything that may have changed), before/after embarking on your adventure.
For those of us who might take such things a little bit for granted, it is always good to see things from another perspective.

Re photos; they are easy enough as long as they are smaller than about 65kb & less wide than 700 pixels.
http://www.chockstone.org/upload/files-upload.asp

On 26/06/2014 Duang Daunk wrote:
>>There ya go M9. Fixed that for ya.
>>
I see the irony!

DMWdesign
27/06/2014
6:17:05 PM
On 27/06/2014 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:

>Donít be disheartened by a plain-typing DD post, DMW.

thanks for your words of encouragement M9
I'll post feedback on the route after the trip
and maybe a photo

IdratherbeclimbingM9
27/08/2014
1:34:24 PM
Under the floorboards a couple of months has gone by...
=================================================================

On 23/06/2014 DMWdesign wrote:
>>When are you undertaking this adventure of yours?
>
>I am planning on doing this trip sometime in November - longer days & dryer rock

I notice you have logged in frequently since you posted the above message, so I assume you are aware of the upcoming Buffalo Wallathon 22-23 Nov?

You might like to join us and share* a campsite? ~> though others will likely be camped on the wall...
It might be handy to have experienced backup in the area at the time??
(*Minimises costs all around...)

As a heads up if you have not noticed already on that thread, it is likely that Defender will be getting a solo ascent during that time, though knowing the person involved I expect it will only be a single day affair.

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 44
There are 44 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints