Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) N/B NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

 Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 32
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Eastern Warragul Rocks (General) (General) [ Warragul Guide ] 

Author
Granite boulders GALORE!!!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
26/10/2009
2:23:59 PM
evanbb wrote;
>Could someone with appropriate clearance correct the spelling in the Subject please?

Spelling pedantry on Chockstone?
~> I'd say you are up against the odds now evanbb, ... and here I was thinking that you'd more likely ask mods their opinion about the comparative size of the crystals vs weathering etc, or similar! ;-)

ww wrote;
>If you drive west of Goulburn in NSW, you find the same thing - heaps and heaps of beautiful big granite boulders that are ALL on private land.

Lots of granite boulders around Wyangala Dam near Cowra (central west NSW). A fair percentage would be on publicly accessible land too.
grangrump
27/10/2009
11:51:50 AM
granite...
it hurts my little pinkies :(

wallwombat
27/10/2009
12:09:15 PM
On 26/10/2009 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>Lots of granite boulders around Wyangala Dam near Cowra (central west
>NSW). A fair percentage would be on publicly accessible land too.

I keep meaning to check out Darby's Falls, which is in the area you are speaking of.

Hawkman
27/10/2009
12:32:09 PM
On 26/10/2009 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:

>Lots of granite boulders around Wyangala Dam near Cowra (central west
>NSW). A fair percentage would be on publicly accessible land too.

Cowra has boulders right in town (next to skate park!) as well as out of town. there are some pretty good problems out there and the granite is nice to climb on.
plugngo
27/10/2009
12:36:21 PM
While at Thredbo a couple of months ago I noticed heaps of good looking granite boulders near the top of most of the mountains. It was impossible to check them out properly due to being covered in snow, but they actually looked really good. Has anyone checked these out in summer?

wallwombat
27/10/2009
1:01:26 PM
On 27/10/2009 plugngo wrote:
>While at Thredbo a couple of months ago I noticed heaps of good looking
>granite boulders near the top of most of the mountains. It was impossible
>to check them out properly due to being covered in snow, but they actually
>looked really good. Has anyone checked these out in summer?

I have. Unfortunately, most of what I found was very sharp and nasty and not very bouldering friendly at all.
plugngo
27/10/2009
1:28:50 PM
On 27/10/2009 wallwombat wrote:
>On 27/10/2009 plugngo wrote:
>>While at Thredbo a couple of months ago I noticed heaps of good looking
>>granite boulders near the top of most of the mountains. It was impossible
>>to check them out properly due to being covered in snow, but they actually
>>looked really good. Has anyone checked these out in summer?
>
>I have. Unfortunately, most of what I found was very sharp and nasty and
>not very bouldering friendly at all.

Bah. Damn fickle granite.

MattyB
27/10/2009
2:05:51 PM
Will second that observation on the sharp and nasty nature of the boulders up top of the hill from Thredbo, spent 3 days in April camped up the top, bashing around with a topo and looking at possibilities - lots of rock, but not many lines, and what we could find was not very user friendly... Bit of a bummer, we thought it looked gold from down in Thredbo as well... : )
bl@ke
27/10/2009
6:40:00 PM
There is an area where i did around 6 problems a while back and last weekend went back and went for a hike and sussed out around 100 possible lines, but there would be many more across the whole mountain range. It is near Lake nillahcootie (cruze should know where this is) Acssess is across private land (unless you wanna go for a long hike) But im pals with them so acsses shouldnt be an issue, and after crossing there place you are on public land (i think) there is also a few scatered large boulders that could use a bolt or two.

evanbb
28/10/2009
9:03:34 AM
Here's a link to pics of my secret bouldering spot on the Eucumbene

And here's a map of how to get there.

nmonteith
28/10/2009
9:19:02 AM
On 28/10/2009 evanbb wrote:
>Here's
>a link to pics of my secret bouldering spot on the Eucumbene

The playground looks fun.

evanbb
28/10/2009
9:24:04 AM
On 28/10/2009 nmonteith wrote:

>The playground looks fun.

It was a beauty. That was later in the trip, in Braidwood. The radiator on my Sube gave up and we were stuck there for a week. Not a great place to hang around without a car, so we pounded the pubs, went to the playground and hitch hiked out to the Field Day. Almost won an Alpacca there, which would have made up for everything.

 Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 32
There are 32 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints