Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: DMM "Bug". (Anodised GREY) Great all-rounder with exceptional friction. IMO)   $15.00
40% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

 Page 9 of 15. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 200 | 201 to 220 | 221 to 240 | 241 to 260 | 261 to 280 | 281 to 285
Author
climbing = dating?
simey
28/10/2008
12:29:48 PM
On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>....but come on, give the guys a break.

We can handle it.
startedwithtrees
28/10/2008
12:46:04 PM
if it were with guys that I
>found attractive, then yeah... bring it on! But it's not. I seem to have
>this magnet that draws the most dorky, self-centred, uninteresting boys.

I get you... and feel your pain. Stay positive and remember the odds! How best to give the hypothetical guy the cold shoulder; perhaps combine acting oblivious, not responding quickly to texts and maybe ramble on about some guy you're into sporadically instead of talking about yourself ad nauseum? Tough job.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28/10/2008
12:50:40 PM
>Tough job.
... but someone has to do it?


~> if it becomes too tough then can always take up solo climbing as a lightweight alternative.
Heh, heh, heh.

bluey
28/10/2008
12:58:19 PM
On 28/10/2008 simey wrote:
>On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>>....but come on, give the guys a break.
>
>We can handle it.
>

Yes simey, but not all guys have your enormous manly broad shoulders to bear such comments ; )
simey
28/10/2008
1:01:14 PM
On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>...not all guys have your enormous manly broad shoulders...

I wish.
noclimberboys
28/10/2008
1:20:20 PM
On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>If a male came on here and posted about climber girls with "insecurities,
>bat wings, too much butt, too much hair, weak and scrawny, over weight,"
>etc... I would be offended and i think climber boys should be given the
>same respect. I'm assuming you're climbing's answer to Miranda Kerr and
>can afford to diss all the boys that are falling all over you. From my
>more earthly female perspective, I would take it as a compliment, unless
>of course you're being stalked....but come on, give the guys a break.

Bluey, you have a point.... I'm no Miranda Kerr and I wasn't ever implying that... though I would prefer to be like Angelina Jolie than Miranda.... I guess some get my humour and can laugh at my conundrum. I'm like every other girl; get the boys I don't want and never the boys I really want. I've cried over plenty of boys who have broken my heart. I've gone through boy draughts and floods. I'm awkward, shy, socially inept, pimply faced, have chicken wings, fat ankles, thick waisted, crooked teeth, gawky features, flat chested, I could be more intelligent... and worst of all climb badly!

I'm earthly too! It's nice sometimes to have admirers but becomes frustrating when it's not from the guys I'm attracted to.

And no, this hypothetical guy isn't stalking me.


Cookie
28/10/2008
1:54:21 PM
On 28/10/2008 noclimberboys wrote:
>On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>>If a male came on here and posted about climber girls with "insecurities,
>>bat wings, too much butt, too much hair, weak and scrawny, over weight,"
>>etc... I would be offended and i think climber boys should be given the
>>same respect. ....but come on, give the guys a break.

it's true, women continuously bang on about equal rights and what not, but don't even think twice about picking out the bad points of the other gender in cruel and unusual ways and expect them to not have insecurities, yet if they did it to us... whoa, there would be a reckoning!! i think it's cruel my bf has insecurities about the way he looks just like i do, why does gender have to dictate who can slag on the other!!

>
>Bluey, you have a point.... I'm no Miranda Kerr and I wasn't ever implying
>that... though I would prefer to be like Angelina Jolie than Miranda....

Angelina's a slag!! Miranda's a ponce, Jen Hawkins is stuck up... i would say Catherine Zita Jones would be my choice if i could look like someone :)

>I'm awkward, shy, socially inept, pimply faced,
>have chicken wings, fat ankles, thick waisted, crooked teeth, gawky features,
>flat chested, I could be more intelligent... and worst of all climb badly!
>

you shouldn't be that hard on yourself, you obviously have qualities, otherwise you wouldnt have the admirers at all!!

bluey
28/10/2008
2:10:23 PM
On 28/10/2008 Cookie wrote:
>
>Angelina's a slag!! Miranda's a ponce, Jen Hawkins is stuck up... i would
>say Catherine Zita Jones would be my choice if i could look like someone

I'd like to be rachel weisz. she's grrrrrrr.

anthonyk
28/10/2008
2:13:59 PM
On 28/10/2008 Cookie wrote:
>On 28/10/2008 noclimberboys wrote:
>>On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>>>If a male came on here and posted about climber girls with "insecurities,
>>>bat wings, too much butt, too much hair, weak and scrawny, over weight,"
>>>etc... I would be offended and i think climber boys should be given
>the
>>>same respect. ....but come on, give the guys a break.
>
>it's true, women continuously bang on about equal rights and what not,
>but don't even think twice about picking out the bad points of the other
>gender in cruel and unusual ways and expect them to not have insecurities,
>yet if they did it to us... whoa, there would be a reckoning!! i think
>it's cruel my bf has insecurities about the way he looks just like i do,
>why does gender have to dictate who can slag on the other!!

congratulations you're one of the 2% of women who realise how hypocritical girls attitudes are. of course i support womens rights and equality etc but the majority of what happens under the label of feminism is based on "girl power" not principles.

any flaw a guy has is his own fault & fair game to make fun of, but any shortcoming a girl has is just the way she is and should be celebrated anyway.. well at least guys generally have a sense of humour about it

Cookie
28/10/2008
2:26:05 PM
>> I'd like to be rachel weisz. she's grrrrrrr

or maybe Gwenneth Paltrow for the elven look... nah, brunettes are better!


>congratulations you're one of the 2% of women who realise how hypocritical
>girls attitudes are. of course i support womens rights and equality etc
>but the majority of what happens under the label of feminism is based on
>"girl power" not principles.
>
>any flaw a guy has is his own fault & fair game to make fun of, but any
>shortcoming a girl has is just the way she is and should be celebrated
>anyway.. well at least guys generally have a sense of humour about it
>

oh i think there is a lot more of us out there which think that equality should actually be equality, and not just be about women dominating men.

women are more sensitive to the slights on our appearance because we are meant to be the "perfect" "pretty" gender, and in some way its insulting our ability to find the appropriate mate... its amusing that it is reversed in the animal kingdom, its normally the men in the pretty colours... however, an alternate theory could be that some women like putting men down because it makes them feel superior :P

bluey
28/10/2008
2:26:32 PM
oops.

can.of.worms.

opened.
Wendy
28/10/2008
2:47:05 PM
On 28/10/2008 bluey wrote:
>oops.
>
>can.of.worms.
>
>opened.

Yeah, I think I need my soap box to escape the wiggling creatures ....

Feminism is a wonderful thing. Women in the western world have an aweful lot to love it for. Like being able to get an education, go to work, have recourses in cases of sexual harressment and assault, greatly increased freedom to do and wear things ... Life would be extremely different without it. Sure there was a small part that was lesbian separtist, but that tends to happen in the establishment of new movements and identities. They polarise to clarify their sense of who they are, see black power movement and gayrights movements for the same phenomenon. Most people get over it and feminism well and truly has done and the idea that feminism is antimale is best left back in the 70s with the separatist movement.

Feminism arose because the need for women to address things they didn't like about our society was urgent. And possibly because women are good at getting together and talking about stuff. That doesn't exclude a men's moment. Viva la men's movement! It's not my place as a woman to tell guys what to do about defining masculinity, how to feel comfortable with their manhood and deal with men's issues. Stop complaining that women have and are being proactive (let's face it, you guys have gained a few benefits out of it too - sexual freedom, double incomes, sugar mummies ....) and get together and work on the bits you don't like.

anthonyk
28/10/2008
4:07:57 PM
On 28/10/2008 Wendy wrote:
> Stop complaining that women have and are being proactive

i don't know where that came from.. i think feminism for the most part is good thing, i was just pointing out that a lot of it is partisanship not about principle, there is a difference and thats what leads to people wanting special treatment when it suits them and not when it doesn't.
Wendy
28/10/2008
4:37:40 PM
On 28/10/2008 anthonyk wrote:

the majority of what happens under the label of feminism is based on
>"girl power" not principles.
>

About there is where it came from - whilst I agree there have been a few bodgy things under the label feminism, they are tiny compared with the huge advances for most people that have come from it. People picking on each other doesn't come from feminism, it comes from people and I think one of the great tragedies of modern society is that women's body image issues haven't gone away and men are busy trying to catch up with us with their own body image issues. A modern, commercial society fault I think, not a feminism fault. Most people are suffer from a degree of hypocrisy too, not just girls.

Cookie
28/10/2008
4:46:32 PM

>> Most people get over it and feminism
>well and truly has done and the idea that feminism is antimale is best
>left back in the 70s with the separatist movement.
>

all of the feminists that i know (and i'm not saying that all feminists are of this ilk, and i may even know people which i didnt even know were feminists, but..) are particularly outspoken "down with the d*ck" style girls who want nothing more than seeing the social statuses of 'men' and 'women' turned on their heads.

the sort that want a female santa claus.... *cough*

i am personally not complaining, i get a lot of good value from those friends even tho my opinion in more skewed towards equality.. however the writhing invertebrates on the floor might suggest that this topic be added to the "politics, religion and football" section of my taboo list :)
BA
28/10/2008
4:51:19 PM
>Rock Climbing Singles
>View Photo Profiles.
>Local Singles into Rock Climbing.
>Join for Free.

See advert on the left of your screen. You might have to scroll down a bit to see it.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28/10/2008
4:56:31 PM
On 28/10/2008 BA wrote:
>>Rock Climbing Singles
>>View Photo Profiles.
>>Local Singles into Rock Climbing.
>>Join for Free.
>
>See advert on the left of your screen. You might have to scroll down a
>bit to see it.

For the desperate (s!mey?) here is the direct link.
Heh, heh, heh.

anthonyk
28/10/2008
5:53:58 PM
On 28/10/2008 Wendy wrote:
>On 28/10/2008 anthonyk wrote:
>> the majority of what happens under the label of feminism is based on
>>"girl power" not principles.
>
> .. whilst I agree there have been a few
>bodgy things under the label feminism, they are tiny compared with the
>huge advances for most people that have come from it.

i think you've misunderstood, i'm not saying feminism is bad i'm saying its driven by being girl-first not by principles, and that leads to people only seeing one side of the coin, ie getting up in arms when a girl is criticised for something but turning a completely blind eye when it is done to someone else. its a subtle point.
prb
28/10/2008
6:02:34 PM
I think the rise of feminism in the 60s and 70s, and particularly the availability of The Pill, was the most
significant development for our species since the establishment of agriculture, possibly ever. That is, it
will be if the notion of equality lasts, and I think it will, at least beyond our lifetimes.

Sorry, now back to climbing...

Macciza
28/10/2008
6:39:30 PM
I find that a particularly narrow world view - there are certainly cultures around that have dealt with
equality of sexes / division of labor / social ontology far better than the modern western world . .
And for me 'Feminism' fails at the outset as it immediately re-enforces the seperation of sexs -
I support similar ideologies as a 'Humanist' and also recognise the part our Capitalist society structure
plays in controlling the lives of Men, and now Women, through all sorts of invisible ceilings.

Back to climbing, communication is the key, adopt a similar set of calls, so you know whats going on!
Something simple like a "Dating, Got me? - On Date, OK I got ya' and "Take me here" and so on . . .
I don't know how many guys have became belay-pussys because they thought the girl liked them and I'm
not sure in how many of those situations there was a girl on the otherside wondering similar things . . .

 Page 9 of 15. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 200 | 201 to 220 | 221 to 240 | 241 to 260 | 261 to 280 | 281 to 285
There are 285 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints