Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

 Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 61
Author
Covid 19 Affect on climbing?

salty crag
19-Mar-2020
1:06:58 PM
Anyone got some predictions on how the unfolding situation may affect outdoor climbing. With the temporary closing of climbing gyms will we see a surge in numbers out on the crags as the gym climbers suffer withdrawal or are people hanging up the shoes and taking a break.
I have a group of buddies climb on my home wall twice a week and we're thinking of stopping the indoor stuff and sticking to bouldering outside instead.
dalai
19-Mar-2020
1:54:17 PM
Thank goodness I have a good collection of bouldering spots around town that aren't pubic knowledge. Social isolation at its best!
Olbert
19-Mar-2020
3:25:16 PM
On 19-Mar-2020 salty crag wrote:
>Anyone got some predictions on how the unfolding situation may affect outdoor
>climbing. With the temporary closing of climbing gyms will we see a surge
>in numbers out on the crags as the gym climbers suffer withdrawal or are
>people hanging up the shoes and taking a break.
>I have a group of buddies climb on my home wall twice a week and we're
>thinking of stopping the indoor stuff and sticking to bouldering outside
>instead.

Climbing gyms aren't closed yet. I'm going to continue to practice social distancing which means that yes, I will be coming to the crag. I'll also be going to the gym whilst it remains open. If I'm required to go to work, then I'm going climbing too.

If we go into full lock down then that is a different story. Common sense says that if you go out to a crag with no one around you can't spread the virus but you can't guarantee that you will be alone - and the virus could stay alive on rock for hours or more. I really hope we don't get to this stage!
Olbert
19-Mar-2020
3:29:03 PM
Plus, this may last six months or more! I genuinely have concern over my mental health if I cannot climb or ride my mountain bike.

Groveller
19-Mar-2020
6:11:48 PM
Plan to go climbing with Mrs this weekend. My only concern is what happens if either of us is injured. Being a health professional I expect surgery will be very limited in a week or two.

E. Wells
19-Mar-2020
6:21:36 PM
Climbing will resume when IMF/U.N/W.H.O has obliterated the fed (as Mark Carney and Al Dudley insinuated last August) and rolled out a digital ledger. Then you will pay per use/visit. The best way to increase susceptibility to a virus is to lower living standards , which we are all oh so responsibly champing at the bit to adhere to, and loneliness also. When you are lonely you are more resilient to bacterial infection and more susceptible to viral infection. So until this technocratic militarization of society achieves its wet dream (which wont take long) , I will endevour to stay healthy doing what I like to do. Just leave your phone at home so the dictatorship wont penalise your credit. Everyone else can carry on being 'responsible'.

salty crag
19-Mar-2020
6:56:19 PM
On 19-Mar-2020 E. Wells wrote:
>Climbing will resume when IMF/U.N/W.H.O has obliterated the fed (as Mark
>Carney and Al Dudley insinuated last August) and rolled out a digital ledger.
>Then you will pay per use/visit. The best way to increase susceptibility
>to a virus is to lower living standards , which we are all oh so responsibly
>champing at the bit to adhere to, and loneliness also. When you are lonely
>you are more resilient to bacterial infection and more susceptible to viral
>infection. So until this technocratic militarization of society achieves
>its wet dream (which wont take long) , I will endevour to stay healthy
>doing what I like to do. Just leave your phone at home so the dictatorship
>wont penalise your credit. Everyone else can carry on being 'responsible'.

E. Wells.... going to take me a while to absorb this...
dalai
19-Mar-2020
8:38:30 PM
On 19-Mar-2020 salty crag wrote:
>E. Wells.... going to take me a while to absorb this...

At least I now know who cleared all the tin foil from the shelves!

E. Wells
19-Mar-2020
9:13:10 PM
Yes yes all that too. Money will be too unsanitary soon enough. If you dont see a technocratic police state then I reckon your in a nice place. Regarding Tin Foil hats I recommend the 'resonance' documentary from 2012 or the recent '5g trojan horse'. Most importantly we should look after each other and not hand over our lives to flawed institutions such as W.H.O/C.D.C who are festooned with corruption pushing big pharmaceuticals. How is it that these famously corrupted Rockerfeller cartels now are the voice of authority? Anyhow , climb on and stick it to the man. Regarding the loneliness issue , I highly recommend a 'foundmyfitness' podcast with Dr Mathew Walker where he can explain the published science in more detail.

White Trash
20-Mar-2020
5:27:04 AM
On 19-Mar-2020 E. Wells wrote:
>Climbing will resume when IMF/U.N/W.H.O has obliterated the fed (as Mark
>Carney and Al Dudley insinuated last August) and rolled out a digital ledger.
>Then you will pay per use/visit. The best way to increase susceptibility
>to a virus is to lower living standards , which we are all oh so responsibly
>champing at the bit to adhere to, and loneliness also. When you are lonely
>you are more resilient to bacterial infection and more susceptible to viral
>infection. So until this technocratic militarization of society achieves
>its wet dream (which wont take long) , I will endevour to stay healthy
>doing what I like to do. Just leave your phone at home so the dictatorship
>wont penalise your credit. Everyone else can carry on being 'responsible'.

On 19-Mar-2020 E. Wells wrote:
>Yes yes all that too. Money will be too unsanitary soon enough. If you
>dont see a technocratic police state then I reckon your in a nice place.
>Regarding Tin Foil hats I recommend the 'resonance' documentary from 2012
>or the recent '5g trojan horse'. Most importantly we should look after
>each other and not hand over our lives to flawed institutions such as W.H.O/C.D.C
>who are festooned with corruption pushing big pharmaceuticals. How is it
>that these famously corrupted Rockerfeller cartels now are the voice of
>authority? Anyhow , climb on and stick it to the man. Regarding the loneliness
>issue , I highly recommend a 'foundmyfitness' podcast with Dr Mathew Walker
>where he can explain the published science in more detail.

Interesting theories.
Do you have a strong connection with sunny Qld?

Duang Daunk
20-Mar-2020
5:37:07 AM
On 19-Mar-2020 dalai wrote:
>On 19-Mar-2020 salty crag wrote:
>>E. Wells.... going to take me a while to absorb this...
>
>At least I now know who cleared all the tin foil from the shelves!

I hope bro horded the condom supply as well, and knows how to use them too.
... donít want to see those genes passed on!

E. Wells
20-Mar-2020
4:23:49 PM
There will always be odjects to climb. For some cragging was always about getting away from the crowds, the only obstacle to maintaining that healthy activity would be regulators in gang colours 'just doing their job'. As for indoors errr dunno dont care.

E. Wells
20-Mar-2020
6:35:27 PM
https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/sd/pii/S1201971219303285?token=D9ADD4907C0536DA542B932A0286E5A7A05B385731D5BF836D7600B6A1666EECE92ED5C9EDF04572D832CB9C744D9A5B

Of course there is the comfort of knowing that this is a comparatively good year in regards to the virus , if thats what concerns you.
gfdonc
21-Mar-2020
9:38:57 AM
Yeah c'mon:
quarantraining-creative-climbing-during-coronavirus

skink
22-Mar-2020
3:41:06 PM
On 20-Mar-2020 E. Wells wrote:
>https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/sd/pii/S1201971219303285?token=D9ADD4907C0536DA542B932A
>286E5A7A05B385731D5BF836D7600B6A1666EECE92ED5C9EDF04572D832CB9C744D9A5B
>
>Of course there is the comfort of knowing that this is a comparatively
>good year in regards to the virus , if thats what concerns you.
>

Basic math not your strong point, is it.

E. Wells
22-Mar-2020
7:15:03 PM
Basic math has no place in stats, just like basic science has no place in this heist.
Ni
23-Mar-2020
10:04:20 AM
On 22-Mar-2020 E. Wells wrote:
>Basic math has no place in stats, just like basic science has no place in this heist.

UN / WHO "flawed" ? look at what they have done.
Appointed Robert Mugabe to a senior position in non-communicable diseases.
Advised against travel restrictions as Covid deaths soared.
Accused conservative governments who did introduce travel restrictions of stygmatizing (aka being racist)
Produced a recent report on how wonderful Iran's health system is, and how well they look after minorities.
As covid deaths climbed, released a communique promoting traditional medicine, drawing attention to their policy of incorporating T&CM into standard medical practice.
Not to mention their actions in the field of diabetes, but given the lack of response to my previous post I guess chockstoners with an interest in that topic are all too embarrassed to discuss it.
johnpitcairn
24-Mar-2020
6:37:02 AM
On 23-Mar-2020 Ni wrote:
>UN / WHO "flawed" ? look at what they have done.
>Appointed Robert Mugabe to a senior position in non-communicable diseases.
>Advised against travel restrictions as Covid deaths soared.
>Accused conservative governments who did introduce travel restrictions
>of stygmatizing (aka being racist)
>Produced a recent report on how wonderful Iran's health system is, and
>how well they look after minorities.
>As covid deaths climbed, released a communique promoting traditional medicine,
>drawing attention to their policy of incorporating T&CM into standard medical
>practice.
>Not to mention their actions in the field of diabetes, but given the lack
>of response to my previous post I guess chockstoners with an interest in
>that topic are all too embarrassed to discuss it.
>

Links for each assertion please.
BA
24-Mar-2020
7:34:38 AM
If your hands are covered in chalk you won't be in contact with any virus laden rock, will you?

;-)

E. Wells
24-Mar-2020
9:44:27 AM
I think everyone should read The Rockerfeller Foundation and Global Business Networks 'Lockstep' scenario , discussing how to use sars with advanced function. Also the summary of Bill Gates and Johnson and Johnsons 'event 201' practice session has some insights I to what cheif eugenicist Mr 'dont be evil' has in store for us. I havent really checked in for a while on anything and instead am trying to meditate and surf (poorly) and climb. One upside to this CCP style existence is that all interstate roadworks are chugging along at triple speed to get the necessary surveillance gear in , and motels are full of telco utes. The 5g technocracy (and environmental tax) is inescapable and you wont be able to access your money without it. Hoorah.

 Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 61
There are 61 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints