Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: "Vario Speed Harness" Classic. One side fits all. Large (pre-threaded) quick-adjsut buckles. Wide nylon webbing. (Recommended for Gym use) SUPER SPECIAL!!!  $59.00
26% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
DMM Offsets... soon hopefully? Sunday, 27 April 2008 At 10:46:02 PM ajfclark
>Did you get customs fees?

I was wondering the same thing earlier this year before I ordered some gear from the US so I sent an email to customs. They got back to me in a day or so and told me that rock climbing equipment came in under general imports and if the value of the goods was less than $1000AU they would be released without attracting import duty or GST.

If the value was over $1000AU the goods would attract a 5% rate of import duty and 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST). The import duty would be paid on the purchase price of the goods and the 10% rate of GST is paid on the combination of:
- The purchase price of the goods
- The import duty paid on the goods
- The cost of freight and insurance into Australia

There are other requirements if the value is over $1000AU that I don't recall around signing declarations and so on. If you need any further details information@customs.gov.au is the address I contacted.

There are 23 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints