Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: 120cm Nylon Runner. (Open sewn sling) 18mm wide nylon. Assorted colours. Awesome value IMO.   $8.50
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Lost - Metolius # 8 (Purple) Cam

2/11/2005
9:37:47 AM
Good morning all

Anyone who went to Arapiles on the weekend - if you or a little birdy found a #8 Metolius cam with a purple sling - could I please have it back?? It's about halfway between a yellow and blue Camalot in size. It has green and yellow electrical tape on the trigger bar.

As best I can gather, it was left at the top of Kamikaze, probably with two opposed biners attached. I rapped down to fish out a bit of gear and my second missed it when cleaning the belay. Noooooo...

I understand the booty code of conduct, so this is more a plea than anything else. There's beers in it for you though!

cheers, Kyle

nmonteith
2/11/2005
10:09:08 AM
Another MIA

Yellow (#2) Camalot on 2nd belay of Bulger @ The Bluffs. Second left it behind in the belay (we think!).
BoaredOfTheRings
2/11/2005
1:45:22 PM
On 2/11/2005 sticky wrote:
There's beers in it for you though!

How much beer, thirsty work walking up to top of fang buttress on a hot day like today.

2/11/2005
2:31:43 PM
On 2/11/2005 BoaredOfTheRings wrote:
>
>How much beer, thirsty work walking up to top of fang buttress on a hot
>day like today.

Well - it's not there today (unless someone put it back there!) Looked yesterday morning and it wasn't where I placed it. So no need for the five minute walk from the hammock in the Pines.

(Figure a six pack of Coopers, open for negotiation!)

Kyle
patto
2/11/2005
7:13:46 PM
:-(

Awww, and this was my first piece of booty too! Plus it was needed addition to my meager rack (only 3 cams so far). :-( But after seeing this post my conscience has gotten the better of me. Yeah I found it atop Kamikaze on Monday evening.

I'm back in Melbourne (Ivanhoe) studying for exams, I probably wont be out at arraps for a month or so. I wont say no to an offer of beer, but if you have any uneeded gear (extra krabs etc) then that would be cool. :)

patto :)

2/11/2005
7:36:55 PM
On 2/11/2005 patto wrote:
>:-(
>
>Awww, and this was my first piece of booty too! Plus it was needed addition
>to my meager rack (only 3 cams so far). :-( But after seeing this post
>my conscience has gotten the better of me. Yeah I found it atop Kamikaze
>on Monday evening.
>
>I'm back in Melbourne (Ivanhoe) studying for exams, I probably wont be
>out at arraps for a month or so. I wont say no to an offer of beer, but
>if you have any uneeded gear (extra krabs etc) then that would be cool.
>:)
>
>patto :)

That's awesome dude! (Long may you prosper!) The karma gods will treat you kind I hope.

I'm in Melbourne too, so I can pop around to pick it up. I'll PM you my details and we'll sort something out re pick-up cam + beer + I'll see what I can part with in gear...

cheers
Kyle

nmonteith
2/11/2005
8:04:09 PM
bump

On 2/11/2005 nmonteith wrote:
>Yellow (#2) Camalot on 2nd belay of Bulger @ The Bluffs. Second left it
>behind in the belay (we think!).
patto
2/11/2005
8:39:25 PM
On 2/11/2005 nmonteith wrote:
>bump
>
>On 2/11/2005 nmonteith wrote:
>>Yellow (#2) Camalot on 2nd belay of Bulger @ The Bluffs. Second left
>it
>>behind in the belay (we think!).

Sorry Neil I only found one piece of booty on the long weekend ;-)

But while i'm posting, I'll do a random shout out for a lost black sling an two silver crabs that was lost I think near Pedro, Arapiles at the begining of October.
gfdonc
2/11/2005
9:36:25 PM
Anyone get my #10 hex out of Moby Dick? Left there sometime in 1983 I think.
Thanks.

shaggy
2/11/2005
9:42:08 PM
yeah, steve, I bootyied that, I would give it back, but I think I used it as defence against a mugger (or sport climber) last year.

Chalk Free
3/11/2005
8:16:33 AM
You people need to look after your stuff better.

20 years climbing and only ever lost a hex.
patto
3/11/2005
9:55:52 AM
On 3/11/2005 Chalk Free wrote:
>You people need to look after your stuff better.
>
>20 years climbing and only ever lost a hex.

You must climb with some good seconders. ;-)

Chalk Free
3/11/2005
1:06:53 PM
sure do

hangdog
3/11/2005
2:12:28 PM
my idea of a good seconder is someone who manages to retain all your stuff and then picks up all this booty that people leave around !!

Chalk Free
3/11/2005
5:45:15 PM
That's exactly how I train mine.

If they have to hang on the rope to work on something then so be it.
If they want to climb it clean they can lead it.

Re-racking your gear at the end of each climb also helps.

There are 15 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints