|I do the web development for ACA, (yes i know, this year has been rather crazy for me)
Here'[s my $0.2...
1) Each time i (try) run something by the national body, it takes a month to get a hurried response and no action. This is not their fault, life gets in the way. This is why the about/charter section is in tatters and the route DB has no license. (i'm a freetard and would like to see it all under GPL).
I'd like to see some dedicated people to provide some direction, make decisions and write some documentation.
2) I could go and just make these changes, but it's supposed to be an association of climbers, not just me making shit up...
3) I've never liked the ACA forums as i've always felt this niche has been adequately filled by Chocky, Qwank and CragX, it's mostly been handy for organizing maintenance of the route db. My idea has always been to have a news section / calendar for people to make announcements, the route DB and then pull information from sites like chockstone, qurank, vcc, etc in the way of RSS feeds and similar technologies... organize it all on one site where people can easily find stuff in once place.
4) The national body should be made up of members from each state chapter.
5) Let the VCC do what they do (it sure ain't broken), forget about a vic chapter and just work with 'em.
It all comes down to dedicated people that are willing to donate time. If you can spare a day a fortnight put your hand up for the job.
WW&S, i like that idea...