Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: 120cm Nylon Runner. (Open sewn sling) 18mm wide nylon. Assorted colours. Awesome value IMO.   $8.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
If its A5 where are the bodies? Wednesday, 6 February 2008 At 8:40:00 AM IdratherbeclimbingM9
>Its different to a hard trad route (many
>of which must get climbed on top rope a lot prior to being led) in that
>you know exactly how hard the climbing is, and so you have a pretty good
>idea of your chances of not falling.

& Macciza replied;
>You also know your chance of falling and the consequences, and the experience of previous ascents
>The gear may be 50/50 it either holds or it doesn't - you may have tested it but it still blows
>You may be relying on technical belaying and the 'luck of the fall'

Hmm, … interesting angle there.
I often find it is the ‘not knowing’ aspect of whether I will fall that is the mental blockage component!
Glass half full or half empty thing happening I suppose ... ?

Hey Macciza, I have not climbed on Dogface but I do have a good background on Sydney seacliffs (similar sandfests in places).
Your route 'The Pecker Route'; ... is it nailed peckers, or 'clean aid' peckers ie hand placed?

Also do you know the history of who placed ('65) and who chopped ('67) the bolt ladder?

I am half interested in checking it, and also '21st Century Aid', out sometime ...

& another Q, ... does 21st C.A. finish up Colossus for it's final pitch?

Would be good if your site 'M8 - Aussie Aid Climbing' here had further info or topo of same.

Love the zoomify!

There are 49 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints