|Hi all, I have an update for concerned VR customers. Firslty I would like to say (in response to several different posts over the last few weeks):
- Kiddies are not permitted in our cave!
- We have set some problems - up to 4 mts high around the gym where suitable matting is provided (4mts is the ASCF/CICE maximum bouldering height). We have set problems on the AME wall, EP wall and Walss 12 & 13!
- out of interest the Australian MAX bouldering height set down by ACGA, IRGOA and Standards Australia Draft is 2.4 mts!!!!!
- Any modifications, renovations or as someone (insultingly) referred to them as UPGRADES, cost money. Increased costs = increased price!!!
- The Vic Government actually doesn't give a S#$% about climbing gyms, as I have taken them to task over insurance, public transport, increased casual wages (as of 1/1/05) etc and they just don't care!
Anyway, back to the important information about VR:
We have spoken to VR owners, and there is NO possibility of VR re-opening at its old or any other location. They have a huge (maybe monsterous) insurance battle on their hands and have NO records as everything was destroyed by fire, smoke, acid or water. There will be no possibility of refunds for memberships, 10 visit cards etc.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.