Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: Super Chute Rope Bag. Volume 25 litres. Single adjustable shoulder strap. Rope tarp dimensions: 146 X 126cm. 400d nylon. Assorted colours. (Holds up to 80M Rope)  $49.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
random belay thoughts

freesolo
9/07/2014
7:15:11 PM
What if Jack Kerouac had become an Ad Executive. Here is his first marketing pitch for a new car at GM:

"What if 101 Dalmatians were actually sled dogs on the Tibetan Plateau? Would the Dalai Lama still wear flip-flops for his 'Good Morning, Bejing' morning call-in radio show? We don't know, but we have the car that can get you there in style!"

freesolo
11/07/2014
8:49:29 PM
if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it sound the same as one hand clapping?

ajfclark
11/07/2014
10:05:01 PM
If a tree falls in a forest and it lands on a mime does he make a noise?
kimbyl
14/07/2014
8:39:52 AM
How about the Vegimals in the Octonauts? An aquatic rescue team led by a polar bear, a pirate kitten and a medic penguin, sure - GM'd vegetable/animal hybrids that cook - simply unrealistic.

Similar concerns regarding other shows my three year old enjoys - scary shit hey?

ajfclark
14/07/2014
10:58:07 AM
Do you remember the Boobahs? Pretty sure that show was designed for stoners not children...
daave
15/07/2014
2:27:19 PM
I was on belay at nowra the other day, admiring the size of my huge biceps. I was thinking about maybe even getting DES and TROY tattooed on each one, because I'd seen it in a facebook photo recently. The tattooed guy looked pleased with his decision. I wonder what is with the names DES and TROY??? They seem a little strange - ohwell, probably some pop-culture reference I'd missed out on.

Hold. The. Phone.

DES and TROY....put them together, it spells DESTROY......

DESTROY.....

Holy fecking wow.

Mind Blown.

That is all.
gfdonc
15/07/2014
7:34:43 PM
On 14/07/2014 ajfclark wrote:
>Do you remember the Boobahs? Pretty sure that show was designed for stoners
>not children...

Just not quite sure right now which category Daave fits in to. Or both.

Miguel75
15/07/2014
7:48:28 PM
On 14/07/2014 kimbyl wrote:
>How about the Vegimals in the Octonauts? An aquatic rescue team led by
>a polar bear, a pirate kitten and a medic penguin... SNIP...

Do you mean Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso???
kimbyl
15/07/2014
8:43:40 PM
That's them, and their buddies Des and Troy......

And now that M75 has revealed himself as an Octonauts expert, where do their diving helmets come from?? I contemplate such things in a regular basis and wonder if I have some form of brain problem - like Andy Kirkpatrick but without his climbing ability?

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints