Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum

A place for Victorian climbers to hang out and chat about climbing. Anyone can register and post messages.

Climbing News [ Add ]
24-Dec-2009 Rick White Memorial Medal 2009
The Rick White Memorial Medal 2009, for outstanding achievement and contribution to Australian climbing, has been awarded to climbing photographer, Simon Carter.

The Rick White Memorial foundation and trust fund was established in 2005 with the support of Mountain Designs in memory of their founder, the legendary Australian climber Rick White who passed away the previous year.

In presenting the award Jane White said:
“The criteria for the award is specific. The recipient must have shown outstanding achievement and significant contribution to Australian climbing during the previous year or extending over a period of years...

So to the 2009 recipient of the Rick White Memorial Medal for outstanding achievement and contribution to Australian climbing... as he has sought adventure he has also lived his dream — photographing things that inspire and interest him the most...

Along the way, his contribution to the climbing world has been recognised with some of the most prestigious awards in the world including... the King Albert Medal of Merit which honours persons and institutions who have distinguished themselves through exceptional and lasting achievements in the mountain world.”

Simon was awarded the Rick White Memorial Medal plus $500 worth of Mountain Designs equipment and $1500 towards climbing related travel.

In accepting the award Simon said:
“I feel very honoured to receive this award. Rick was one of the true greats of Australian climbing, a real pioneer, who also contributed enormously to the sport in many different ways.

I think I am lucky to have found two passions in life — climbing and photography — which work so well together. I think the world is an incredible place and climbing is a wonderful way to see and experience it. I have found combining climbing and photography to be extremely challenging at times but personally very satisfying. This award is very significant recognition of my work and I am grateful to have been selected for it.”

For more information about the Rick White Memorial Foundation and the award see: www.rickwhitememorial.org

For more about Simon Carter and his photography see www.onsight.com.au

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints