Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 42
Author
31/12/14 Chockstone spam-hack-attack

IdratherbeclimbingM9
31-Dec-2014
1:30:32 PM
I notice the Chockstone title page Picture Gallery photo doesn't come up.

I also noticed that when replying to a PM, unwanted java-script comes up both in the title line, and also in the PM message-body.
It relates to paydayloan crap...

I have advised Mike, our Site Author (who is away on holiday at the moment), of this unfortunate development and he has now looked briefly at it and told me his Photography website portion is not working either.

He tells me that he is unlikely to get to fix the problem before next Monday 5th ...

In the meantime, if anyone replies to a PM from within their inbox, then be aware of the unwanted script that may appear within title and body, and delete it prior to sending!
~> This may be our chance to all become Moderators! ... and take delight in getting back at the spammer-hacker!!
Heh, heh, heh.
Chockstone Moderator
2-Jan-2015
5:49:22 PM
Thanks M9.

Although Chockstone is up and running again, it was restored from a backup.
This means that any posts made after the hack-attack on 31-12-14 are likely to be missing, and those who made such posts might have to do so again.

As far as being Moderators, yes disabling spammers can be fun but there is a lot more that we do that is less fun though still ok due to the commitment we have.

Doug
2-Jan-2015
6:53:41 PM
Happy New Year to all the moderators and thanks for all the great work you do in running Chockstone for us. Isn't it all a bit sick that someone would get their jollies hacking something like Chokky! Pathetic.
On another note: there still seems to be something slightly amiss: if I merely click on "Reply" to a post I just get a blank space alongside the Chockstone sidebar. If I click "View" I can see the post and then can click the "Reply" button.

Cheers

Doug

ajfclark
2-Jan-2015
8:23:46 PM
I frequently get the Chockstone sidebar and no content, on almost all pages, not just the reply. Reloading the page seems to 'fix' it sometimes, but it might lead to duplicate posting too.

There's also something still awry in the gallery image URL on the front page. It's got HTML tags in it which smells dodgy.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Jan-2015
9:42:43 PM
Yes, it is still awry in my experience too.
Very frequent blank page when opening a topic, using the back-button, and also replying to posts; though using the F5 refresh-key seems to carry out the intended task albeit on the second go.

Mike told me on the day I brought it to his attention that he was getting a techy mate to restore from backup. I got the impression that it might only be down a day, but the process seemed to take some time, so it is likely that there is more involved than meets the eye to me as a simple user.

This seems to be a work-around interim fix, and no doubt he will give it full attention when he returns from holiday, as he indicated he was less than happy that it also bought down his photo site.
The Chocky Title Page containing a blank Photo Gallery picture is a good indication that things are not right yet.

In fact if the backup is re-restored, all of these recent posts could be wiped again...?

ajfclark
5-Jan-2015
7:49:32 AM
Looks like things are running a bit smoother.

Still occasionally pulling up the blank page.

Mike
5-Jan-2015
5:38:48 PM
Okay, so hopefully the data is all back to normal now after the hack. They must have done some SQL injection that got past my filters (block list) which added their dodgy url to all text fields. Reversing the process was simple enough for the tech guy I got onto it. We've also beefed up the list of blocked text, but if anyone out there is a security expert and can recommend a list of there own please chime in.

I was off at Kosciuszko and had a stressful session of emails and texts trying to get it sorted. Worst time to pick. Or best - clever crims.

On the issue of blank pages, I've tracked that down to some incorrect html in Rock Hardware's product descriptions, which I've fixed. (Steve please be more careful).

I also noticed the google ads where throwing javascript errors sometimes, so I've changed to their latest code snippet on the main pages (don't have time to edit them all). I see google is now sending us some even weirder ads then before as a result, so at least that will be entertaining.
Notime to climb
5-Jan-2015
7:23:58 PM
Never really noticed the Google ads until the one about Dating Hot Asian Women showed up...
TimP
5-Jan-2015
7:30:07 PM
Hey Mike, appreciate your work, especially in the middle of your holidays. Thanks for sorting it all out.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Jan-2015
9:43:50 PM
On 5/01/2015 TimP wrote:
>Hey Mike, appreciate your work, especially in the middle of your holidays.
>Thanks for sorting it all out.

+1, & thanks to your techy-mate too for short notice helping out.
We are obviously addicted...
Heh, heh, heh.
martym
6-Jan-2015
3:13:52 PM
On 5/01/2015 Mike wrote:
>I also noticed the google ads where throwing javascript errors sometimes,
>so I've changed to their latest code snippet on the main pages (don't have
>time to edit them all). I see google is now sending us some even weirder
>ads then before as a result, so at least that will be entertaining.

Maybe we could run another comp to see who gets the weirdest ad?

ambyeok
6-Jan-2015
4:31:44 PM
I got AAMI income protection... is that cause climbing is dangerous?

Duang Daunk
6-Jan-2015
8:44:59 PM
On 6/01/2015 ambyeok wrote:
>I got AAMI income protection... is that cause climbing is dangerous?

Nah bro. It just means google thinks you climb dangerously, just like Eduardo keeps getting adds for dresses, lipstick and dildos.
I'd tell you about the adds simey gets, but I don't want to be moderated.

salty crag
7-Jan-2015
11:06:10 PM
I keep getting adds for bike gear which makes me feel a tad guilty as I'm riding way more than climbing of late but I'm yet to receive an add for SUP, my latest crazy passion.
As I speak - an add from surfstich!
martym
8-Jan-2015
10:29:14 PM
WIN 5000 cash now! This is a free competition

What could go wrong?

ChuckNorris
8-Jan-2015
10:51:01 PM
I keep getting ads offering me $50 for a date with an ageing guidebook writer from a town called natimuk. Creepy.
patto
8-Jan-2015
11:55:08 PM
On 8/01/2015 Stugang wrote:
>I keep getting ads offering me $50 for a date with an ageing guidebook
>writer from a town called natimuk. Creepy.

Where is a good place for date night in Natimuk?

shortman
9-Jan-2015
6:42:11 AM
On 8/01/2015 patto wrote:
>On 8/01/2015 Stugang wrote:
>>I keep getting ads offering me $50 for a date with an ageing guidebook
>>writer from a town called natimuk. Creepy.
>
>Where is a good place for date night in Natimuk?

Skatepark, :)

ajfclark
9-Jan-2015
7:48:59 AM
It's called The Verj now. Wood fired pizza oven, nice table, some pretty mood lighting, and The Thing.
Notime to climb
9-Jan-2015
8:39:15 PM
I keep getting ads for dating Asian women???

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 42
There are 42 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints